Sterling bracelets on west cruise?

kamac56

We will be on a cruise in a couple weeks and wondering out of these ports where I would get the best deals on bracelets.

Cayman

roatan

Belize

Cozumel.

Thanks for your help.

I believe that you would probably get the best deal on sterling silver jewelry in Cozumel.

Mexico is well known for their "925 Sterling" and the city of Taxco is one of the places where most of their sterling is made. Just keep in mind that wherever you do your jewelry shopping don't settle for the first price they give you. Always ask them if they can do better and nine times out of ten, they will come down in price. Good luck!!! :rolleyes:

We will be on a cruise in a couple weeks and wondering out of these ports where I would get the best deals on bracelets.

Cayman

roatan

Belize

Cozumel.

Thanks for your help.

What about on the West Coast - Acapulco, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and Manzanilla - any recommendations for jewelry shopping?

Cozumel. And bargain. Don't settle for the first price. I got a bracelet several years ago and the quality was excellent. After the purchase, the shop owner got out the tequila and we had several shots. :)

Sweeeeet, thanks everyone and Max I wouldn't mind the shots along with a bracelet! :D

Just a word of caution when buying silver or anything else for that matter. Some friends and my wife and I were at a small shop and bought some silver items that were stamped, my wife took hers on the spot and wore them. Our friends had them wrapped and placed in a bag. When they got on the sship they found the merchants switched the good jewelry for cheep stuff. Must have done it when they turned around, backs toward us, to wrap the items. Just beware of the switch so that your not paying for junk stuff.

Just a word of caution when buying silver or anything else for that matter. Some friends and my wife and I were at a small shop and bought some silver items that were stamped, my wife took hers on the spot and wore them. Our friends had them wrapped and placed in a bag. When they got on the ship they found the merchant switched the good jewelry for cheep stuff. Must have done it when they turned around, backs toward us, to wrap the items. Just beware of the switch so that your not paying for junk stuff.

What about on the West Coast - Acapulco, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa and Manzanilla - any recommendations for jewelry shopping?

I would imagine that the sterling silver jewelry shopping is probably just as good on the Mexican Riviera cruise stops. Just make sure to examine the stuff and see that it has the stamp "925" somewhere on it. A few years ago we got some nice sterling items in Puerto

Vallarda.

From my personal experience in silver shopping, the best silver i found was in Zihuatanejo, shopping is a short walk from the pier (tender port) along the Cobblestone streets.

Archived