QV pool opening times

Camgirl

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are times when the pools on Queen Victoria are not open? When I was onboard last May it was too cold to swim most of the time so I did not take much notice. Is it possible to go for a swim at any time - late at night for instance? We are off on a Mediteranean cruise later this year and I am figuring the pools could be very busy during the day, and my husband and I would quite like swimming late in the evening when the pools might be quiet.

Thanks in advance, for any help,

Sarah

You will find that the pools are open in daylight hours, whatever the temperature, but will be netted off if the weather is inclement. I have swam later in the evening but cannot remember if this was QV, QM2 or both. On a Med cruise you should find them "open" until late. By this I mean the pool attendants are there to provide towels etc; if not you have pool towels in your room to use.

I am a keen swimmer and found the pool at the rear of deck 9 better and used least. Unfortunately in Dec 09 this was closed for maintenance, but I am proud to say I swam in the lido pool on a North European cruise so that will give you some idea of the ideal temperatures the pools are kept at!!

Have a wonderful trip.

Thanks for your reply LadyL1,

I did manage one swim in May (Norwegian trip with lots of wet and cold weather) when there was a bit of a swell but before the pools were netted. It was an interesting experience!! And actually quite enjoyable! Needless to say, my husband and I were the only people in the pool! I agree, the temperature was fine.

I love to swim but hate crowds and busy pools, so I was wondering if it was permitted to swim at 'odd' times such as after dinner, when most people would be in the bars, dancing or at the shows.

Sarah

Thanks for your reply LadyL1,

I did manage one swim in May (Norwegian trip with lots of wet and cold weather) when there was a bit of a swell but before the pools were netted. It was an interesting experience!! And actually quite enjoyable! Needless to say, my husband and I were the only people in the pool! I agree, the temperature was fine.

I love to swim but hate crowds and busy pools, so I was wondering if it was permitted to swim at 'odd' times such as after dinner, when most people would be in the bars, dancing or at the shows.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Brrrr...it was a bit chilly last year wasn't it.

I think you will be fine on this one, hope you have a great time, l can tell that you are not at all excited! ;)

Also hope you are both keeping well.

Jackie :)

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your reply. So do you think it would be ok to swim at (for instance) midnight? It is the sort of (stupid) thing that we might do!! :o

We are well, thank you, but we lost my Mum in October, suddenly and with no warning, which has hit us all rather hard. We now have no parents left which makes one feel strangely vulnerable!

I hope you are both well. Have you been booking yet??

Yes, we are both very excited - only 6 months to go!! A bit early for the cruise rail I suppose!

Take care,

Sarah

Archived