port canaveral rental car facilities

Planning on sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next December. Planning on visiting relatives before we sail. They live in West Palm. We plan on being with them for a few days and then drive up to the Orlando aarea and do a few days at Universal. Finally on Sunday the 12th of December head to Port Canaveral and board the Freedom of the Seas.

My question am I able to drop off my rental car at the port saving me time from traveling from either the airport or some other place to the pier after dropping off the car. If I am able to drop the rental off at the pier which rental agencies are located at the pier for this service? Any rental company preference should there be more than one company located there?

Secondly where do you think would be a good location to stay while in central Florida? Near Port Canaveral or near Universal? Also along those lines which hotel would you recommend after deciding which location to stay in?

Ron

Planning on sailing on the Freedom of the Seas next December. Planning on visiting relatives before we sail. They live in West Palm. We plan on being with them for a few days and then drive up to the Orlando aarea and do a few days at Universal. Finally on Sunday the 12th of December head to Port Canaveral and board the Freedom of the Seas.

My question am I able to drop off my rental car at the port saving me time from traveling from either the airport or some other place to the pier after dropping off the car. If I am able to drop the rental off at the pier which rental agencies are located at the pier for this service? Any rental company preference should there be more than one company located there?

Secondly where do you think would be a good location to stay while in central Florida? Near Port Canaveral or near Universal? Also along those lines which hotel would you recommend after deciding which location to stay in?

Ron

There are several rental car agencies that have facilities near Port Canaveral that will accept one way rentals. They also have a free shuttle to the cruise terminal. I've used Avis several times, and I've read that Hertz and Budget also have offices near the port.

If you check out the Florida Departures board, there is much more information.

Archived