Do they play the game Quest on Voyager of the sea

texasnana

The Quest has been held on all 6 of my RCCL cruises over the past 5 years; on Voyager and Freedom class ships, its been held at the Ice Rink which (in my opinion), takes away a bit of the fun. On our last cruise (Grandeur OTS) it was held in a lounge and the CD announced that everyone in the room had to participate - I think you get much greater participation when its held in a lounge area.

its been held at the Ice Rink which (in my opinion), takes away a bit of the fun. .........Hello, just off the Freedom this past Sunday and the ice rink ruined it for me, I tore my ACL playing Quest and now I am in a wheelchair and out of work...Boo, Hiss...put it back in the lounge where it belongs...Maureen

Just off Voyager 2 days ago and yes, they play Quest. Mike the CD makes it a little different than we've seen before. It was funnier in my opinion, as Quest on other ships was becoming too predictable.

OT .... I thought Mike S was perhaps the best CD I have seen.

The Quest has been held on all 6 of my RCCL cruises over the past 5 years; on Voyager and Freedom class ships, its been held at the Ice Rink which (in my opinion), takes away a bit of the fun. On our last cruise (Grandeur OTS) it was held in a lounge and the CD announced that everyone in the room had to participate - I think you get much greater participation when its held in a lounge area.

Just off the VY last Sunday and have to agree on both counts. :)

Is the Quest pretty fun? I have never participated, but plan to on my next cruise. What types of things are asked for? Is this a "do not miss" experience?

if you are open minded this is a must do

and remember what happenas at quest stays at quest:D

Our last cruise was on the Serenade of the Seas and Mike S. was the CD! He was great! We got to talk to him on several occasions and found out he was being switched to Voyager.....Low and behold that happens to be our next cruise. Can't wait to see him again! Quest should be fun!

The quest on Voyager is in Studio B -- the ice rink. There really is no lounge large enough to hold everyone -- Cleopatra's Needle is not that large. But it would be much more fun if it were in Cleopatra's Needle, even if they had to hold 2 or 3 quests. It really loses something in Studio B.

By the way, other ship lines sometimes do the quest game. I think NCL has. And it was done on the Carnival Ecstasy in Jan., 2009, but for some reason it was not done on the Ecstasy I just did, Jan., 2010. Sigh.

Interesting points of view you all have on this subject.

For my quest I need all the space that Studio B provides, my quest is a lot different than the "typical" quest. It was tough on the Serenade (Safari lounge) because of the sight lines and the people in the back were almost excluded because of the half wall surrounding the room.

I tried to move around, but it didn't really work well. On the Majesty and SS it works fine in the disco and the sight lines are great.

I guess you just have to see my quest to understand but to do my quest in a lounge with a small dance floor and those small tables all around would be a safety issue for sure.

Mike

Interesting points of view you all have on this subject.

For my quest I need all the space that Studio B provides, my quest is a lot different than the "typical" quest. It was tough on the Serenade (Safari lounge) because of the sight lines and the people in the back were almost excluded because of the half wall surrounding the room.

I tried to move around, but it didn't really work well. On the Majesty and SS it works fine in the disco and the sight lines are great.

I guess you just have to see my quest to understand but to do my quest in a lounge with a small dance floor and those small tables all around would be a safety issue for sure.

Mike

The Quest in Studio B is still fun and funny. And, yes, the sight lines are great. I just think it misses something just having 10 teams instead of 30. I wish there were a way to have lots of smaller teams like we do in the lounge. Maybe you could ask for more of a thing -- like 10 bras instead of 2 -- anything to get everyone more involved and not just being spectators. "I need to see your team number and 20 mens shirts not being worn." Or maybe reserve the first couple of rows for those who want to participate. Yeah, I could actually see that -- block off the first row or two and then those who want to participate "come on down". Or maybe even set up chairs on the ice rink floor itself for participants. Or what about having quests where 5, 10, or more people from each group have to come on to the floor. "For this next quest, I need 5 men and 5 women from each group on the floor" -- and then after we are down there, tell us what it is. And make sure the same people don't do all of the quests. Oh well, just some thoughts. That's why I'm not a CD.

Will you be the CD on the March 28 Voyager? Were you the CD in March, 2009?

I have been to both types of quests (loungie area versus studio b), and I thought there was a lot of participation in studio B except for the two very small sections that end up getting "split" up to be on other teams. But those people tended to be the ones that wanted to watch anyway, I think. I was in that section because I went to the quest game by myself since my boyfriend didn't want to go! It was one of the highlights of my cruise and I thought Mike wore the flag rather well. lol

Archived