What did you do??

We will be on the Rotterdam May 19. Our flight home out of Venice is at 6:00 AM - I know many of you have had or will have similar flights...

We obviously booked our flight for the day after disembarkation, as it would be impossible to make such an early flight the day we arrive. We now have to find a hotel and transportation to the airport. We will spend 3 days pre-cruise, so we don't necessarily need to be in Venice. But I'm a bit concerned about where to stay, and how to get to the airport, without too much hassle.

Any experiences you've had and that you could share would be much appreciated.

You drive a very good point. Where do you stay your last night in Europe? Example: I am flying out of Munich this June with a 7:10 AM flight. I thought about staying at the Airport Marriott but found out the hotel is eight miles from the Airport. Not only that but their van to the airport only runs certain hours. I found a small family run operation 2 miles from the Airport instead.

I have toured Europe 4 times in the past three years and feel very confortable knowing I am at least 3 miles from the Airport the night before I depart. I would do some reseach and get as close to the Airport as possible. If the hotel does not have transportation to the airport make sure you have a taxi call done early in the morning inorder to make your flight. Planning ahead can save you a lot of grief. I just wonder how many people have missed their flight because of logistic type problems? Have a good trip and plan ahead. Tim and Cathy

Archived