Are there refrigerators in the cabins?

jojo1108

We have a balcony cabin and I was just wondering if there is a refrigerator. What do they stock in the mini-bar, or is that the fridge? Thanks.

It depends on the ship. The Conquest class and after all have them. I'm not sure about the Spirit Class. The mini bar is the fridge. It's stocked with some Coke Products, Wine, chips, candy bars, etc. I can't remember if there was any beer in it or not. You can have your cabin steward remove the products and stock it yourself but it doesn't keep the stuff very cold. As with most mini bars, the cost is high.

You can ask the steward to remove all the items, so you can use the inside space, but last year, they just put everything on a shelf in my room, cutting down on our storage space.

It's more of a cooler than a fridge - doesn't help a lot. I bring a small collapsible cooler, and ask the steward to keep it full of ice.

Have fun....Kathy

You can ask the steward to remove all the items, so you can use the inside space, but last year, they just put everything on a shelf in my room, cutting down on our storage space.

It's more of a cooler than a fridge - doesn't help a lot. I bring a small collapsible cooler, and ask the steward to keep it full of ice.

Have fun....Kathy

We left the steward a note with a $10 bill asking him to remove the items from the mini bar, and he did. I don't know where he put the items, but they weren't left in our cabin.

I agree, it's more a cooloer than fridge. If the items you put in there aren't already ice cold, they pretty much stay room temp.

• 1 year later...
The Splendor had a frig. I removed the soda, etc. And, put in my own stuff [not a lot room and not real cold]. And, the steward placed the items I removed on the shelf for the remainder of the cruise.

Thanks this is a big help!

These little mini fridges will keep things cold. We actually make vodka jello shooters in them ! The problem is they put them in a cabinet and trap all the heat in with a door that encloses it ( I am a refrigeration technician ). Keep the cabinet door open and it will work and keep sodas and beer and whatever else cold. Heat has to be able to escape from around it or it will not get cold. We even tell our cabin steward to leave the cabinet door open while we are out !

Archived