Arrive at 2.00. What to do - will it be too windy for snorkling?

jtsbusiness

Having read various reports, I am wondering whether it is worth considering snorkling. If the wind gets up does it make the water too murky?

We have 3 hrs at Bonaire. What is there to do:(

Only 3 hours in port, I felt hard done by only having 5 hours in Bonaire. I also read the Bonaire forum and decided after some deliberation to go with Woodwind tours. The reports were very good and it sounds like excellent value for money. Another factor was it is only a short walk from the port where the ship is docked, so no worries about missing the boat.

Only 3 hours in port, I felt hard done by only having 5 hours in Bonaire. I also read the Bonaire forum and decided after some deliberation to go with Woodwind tours. The reports were very good and it sounds like excellent value for money. Another factor was it is only a short walk from the port where the ship is docked, so no worries about missing the boat.

I just returned from the Grand Princess and we went out on Woodwind Catamaran. This was the most incredible snorkeling I have ever experienced. We did a 3 hour drift snorkel and we saw amazing fish, turtles, and coral during our 1-1/2 snorkel. Ulf was wonderful to work with setting up our trip and his wife Dee is an amazing women, she is very professional in making sure you have the best equipment and instruction and she swims like a mermaid. You break into two groups with a guide for each group and they point out all sea life as you drift along.

I highly recommend Woodwind and can't wait to return to Bonaire and sail with Woodwind again. You won't be disappointed in your sail with Woodwind.

Debr

3 options

Wood Wind is a good idea. Fast boat to adjust for wind and water conditions. Should be able to pick from many sites to get the best one even if there is wind in the afternoon.

If you get sea sick.... Renee is your other choice. Again she is able to pick different sites for the day based on wind and surf. She specializes in diving from land and close to shore, you ride in her van to different dive sites.

Ships water taxi- great dive, but you are stuck because if the surf is big in the afternoon, you can't change your location.

Thanks everyone. We have decided to go with Woodwind and have just booked. Looking forward to a fantastic time. Will let you all know when we get back!

Hi, good choice, what date are you taking the trip, I'm on the Woodwind on 9th March, please give your feedback if you are doing the tour sooner.

Thanks

Terry

Could you please tell me if you do the snorkel with Woodwind do you jump off the boat, climb a ladder back on or just snorkel off a beach? As I get "older" I find it is very hard to get back on the boat from a ladder hanging off the side. About how much time is spent snorkeling?

thanks for any help you can give.

next trip?

Hi

Not sure about access, but their web site says that handicapped people are able to go.

From looking at photos I imagine there are steps into the water or a fixed ladder (not rope). I have gone for a bigger type boat as I too am not very agile. Hopefully if worse comes to worse, with husband pushing from behind and them pulling from the top, I'll get on ok. If it looks too difficult though, I might not go in the water at all!! :eek:

This is going to be a trip of lots of experiences - hopefully all good ones!!!!!!! ;)

Thanks jtsbusiness,

I am also looking into Renees' tours which do say you snorkel from the beach. That sounds much easier to me but I am not sure you will see as many great fish.

Decisions, decisions! i know whatever we choose it will be great though. Haven't snorkeled in about 4 years so am looking forward to it!

next trip?

Thanks jtsbusiness,

I am also looking into Renees' tours which do say you snorkel from the beach. That sounds much easier to me but I am not sure you will see as many great fish.

Decisions, decisions! i know whatever we choose it will be great though. Haven't snorkeled in about 4 years so am looking forward to it!

next trip?

Be brave and go with Woodwind!! I just went out with them last week and it was the most exciting trip I've even taken. Yes, it's a tad scary getting into the water (ladder) especially since the water was rough (and I don't swim!). But once you get your head in the water and see the life under water--turtles, fish, coral,etc., you will forget all about your fears. Dee and her guide watch you like a hawk and keep you in a small group. You can be in the water up to 1-1/2 hours but have the option of getting out at any time. They had to drag me out! You will be offered a float belt and even a wet suit if you want one.

Debr

Archived