Transfers From Caldera to SJO

ARDD

We're on the February 1st Legend cruise and wondering if anyone has suggestions for transfers between Caldera & SJO on Feb 15th? We would be happy to share:o

I'm sure you are going to get a lot of suggestions for independent contractors who will provide the service, but I always suggest--use the transport provided by Seabourn--it may cost a few dollars more, but they always get you there, and at the time promised! Don

Hello,

We just used Danny Jimenez. He comes highly recommended from many Seabourn passengers. He is a great driver. He is cheaper than Seabourn. His vehicles are very clean and modern. He is very nice. He really cares about his customers. The drive is not a long one so he showed us around the area. We will definitely use him again for transfers and even tours. Here is his email address. Tell him Scott and Meg referred you.

http://costaricadriver.com/

We used Danny Jimenez last year for our San Jose to Caldera transfer. For 5 of us, including luggage his fee was very reasonable ($100) We rode comfortably in a van stopping a few times ~~one "pit stop" we enjoyed was a gas station/grocery store ~~bought Costa Rica vanilla (best in the world) while visiting with the locals!

When I return I will certainly reserve with Danny ~~

Martita B.

I tried several times to contact Danny but he never returned our e-mails! So, as the cruise was coming to an end, we asked the front desk to book our transfer. They use TAM Travel, which provided a huge and comfortable bus with large picture windows. There was also a very knowledgeable guide who spoke to us about the countryside throughout the 2 hour drive to the airport - no need for 'pit' stops as there is a facility onboard, however it would have been nice to buy the vanilla! The cost was $140 and when we arrived at the airport, we stayed onboard the bus in order for immigration to process our entry by which we avoided paying the tax of $40 in the airport - so it was a bonus! Our luggage was neatly lined outside the bus and everything was neatly organized with porters ready to assist. Would use them again in a noo yawk minute!:)

Archived