Any gays ever been to the nude beach at Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica?

chaderic

I'm just wondering if any gay men (couples) have ever been to the nude beach at Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica? My partner and I have never experienced a gay beach and would love to try it, just to say we did it. Obviously, were not going to "do anything" at the beach other than lay there and check out the scenery and do some swimming, etc. But, we've heard things here and there about Jamaica being not completely tolerant of gays so we were just curious if anyone has done this. We don't particularly look or act gay so I think we will be fine, but just wondered if any one had any thoughts. Thanks!

Chaderic,

Jamaica has absolutely no tolerance for gays. When my partner and I have been there we go to an all-inclusive resort that has a nude beach. It is so much safer.

We are very well travelled and check out the local situation before we arrive and during our visit just in case it has changed.

Hope this helps.

mcboo

Jamaica is not on my list of vacation spots for the very reasons already posted.

It is common knowledge the Jamaicans are homophobic and that there is even a promotion of violence toward gay/lesbian/transgendered in this cutlure.

I am not sure if boycotting this island nation, all their products, is the only answer. I have serious concerns for the health and well-being of brothers and sisters native to this community being harrassed and even murdered.

We need to have a stronger international arm to address human rights abuses toward GLBT. Just my opinion!

CaseyT

I'm just wondering if any gay men (couples) have ever been to the nude beach at Sunset Beach Resort Montego Bay Jamaica? My partner and I have never experienced a NUDE beach and would love to try it, just to say we did it. Obviously, were not going to "do anything" at the beach other than lay there and check out the scenery and do some swimming, etc. But, we've heard things here and there about Jamaica being not completely tolerant of gays so we were just curious if anyone has done this. We don't particularly look or act gay so I think we will be fine, but just wondered if any one had any thoughts. Thanks!

1.) I didn't mean a "gay beach" I meant a "nude beach" (corrected above).

2.) Thanks for the concern. We know to be careful.

3.) The beach is at an all inclusive resort - I'm assuming no locals.

4.) I think we will just look like a couple American guys/buddies checking out the nude beach - not a couple. I may be wrong. No different than my brother and I going together or my cousin, etc. We may not not even try it, but I was just curious if anyone had.

5.) So many mixed messages. Lots of posts say Jamaica is awful and unsafe (especially to gays) and then again many posts say it is beautiful and safe if you use common sense. Unfortunately, a lot of places -even in America- gays can't be open without getting into trouble. So, regretfully, I can't expect a small place like Jamaica to be totally open and accepting. (It would be nice, but unrealistic I guess.) We don't plan to show any affection towards each other in public no matter where we go (and never do) so we should be fine.

Thanks!

Just to clarify my post - the first time I was in Jamaica - I was 15 years old walking with my Aunt.

The second time I was in my late 20's travelling with both men & women - the Jamaicans certainly made it known we were not welcome...it had nothing to do with being gay!

I'm in my mid 40's now & have never returned! There are too many other places I and my $$$ are welcome & appreciated.

Best of luck to you guys!

Archived