Grand Turks Question

C&THollings

Like the poster above me, the drinks are most expensive I have ever had(for regular size, house liquor). I think they are cheaper in a Strip Club..

lol.. Well, I guess if everything is is free, they have to make their money somewhere. Sound like a day to just bring a few bottles of off the ship and skip the "drinks" while in port.

Thanks for all the information. Can't wait, I will be there next week.

I was just doing some research on Grand Turks, need help here. Is the Cruise Center that has the pools & Jimmy Buffets etc. a fee? I know the flow riders are, but what about the fatalities? Here is the website I found, but I can't seem to find an answer... Help please???

They do charge for coffins, cremation services etc;)

I was just doing some research on Grand Turks, need help here. Is the Cruise Center that has the pools & Jimmy Buffets etc. a fee? I know the flow riders are, but what about the fatalities? Here is the website I found, but I can't seem to find an answer... Help please???

They do charge for coffins, cremation services etc;)

Damn I missed that! LOL

lol.. Well, I guess if everything is is free, they have to make their money somewhere. Sound like a day to just bring a few bottles of off the ship and skip the "drinks" while in port.

Thanks for all the information. Can't wait, I will be there next week.

You don't have to order anything while you are there. You can easily go back to the ship for lunch too, but I wouldn't bring your own bottles though. You'd have the same feeling as bringing your own beer to your local bar back home.

My husband made the mistake of ordering the drink in a sounvenier glass too and that must have added another $7 to it.

I suggest having a drink or two and take advantage of the swim up bar that was fun and save the food for the ship.

• 3 weeks later...
Jimmy's is a bar, buy drinks or food if you like. The pool is free and the ocean is 3 minutes from the ship. It's an excellent port.

Hey thanks for this, wanted to know how far the beach was. It pretty much seems like you don't have to plan an excursion here, you can just wing it. Plus it's the shortest destination on the whole itinerary!!!:mad:

Hey thanks for this, wanted to know how far the beach was. It pretty much seems like you don't have to plan an excursion here, you can just wing it. Plus it's the shortest destination on the whole itinerary!!!:mad:

How far is the beach in Grand Turks you ask?? Walk to end of pier , turn left , 3 paces - you're on the beach

I might be off by a couple paces ...

Jimmy Buffets is right beside the beach - get thirsty / hungry it's right there - want a break from the sand - free pool. They charge for the flowrider.

You're so close to the boat you could likely walk back to the boat, grab a slice of pizza, return to your beach chair and it would still be warm.

A cautionary note - Jimmy's is so close to the beach you don't think too much about the expensive drink prices.

Archived