new to celebrity...

betmust

I am new to Celebrity but not cruising. Iam looking at a cruise on the Solstice in April.

What I am wondering about first is cabins. If I were to book a CC balcony, does it have a pull-out sleep sofa for my son? If not where does third person sleep?

Also, how formal is the formal night on Celebrity?

I know some ships people wear pants and shirts with or without a jacket and there isn't a problem. Just thinking about what to plan.

Thanks for any answers. I know I will have lots more before the time comes.

Bette

I am new to Celebrity but not cruising. Iam looking at a cruise on the Solstice in April.

What I am wondering about first is cabins. If I were to book a CC balcony, does it have a pull-out sleep sofa for my son? If not where does third person sleep?

I know some ships people wear pants and shirts with or without a jacket and there isn't a problem. Just thinking about what to plan.

Bette

I haven't been on the Solstice yet. We are going on her 4/15 for a 7 day Caribbean. (You might want to check that, they just had a big price drop!)

I know cruisers that have been on the Solstice will post and tell you about the cabins. I know that on Celebrity ships we have been on, some had beds that came out of the ceiling.

As far as formal dress, on the Celebrity cruises that we have been on, I would say about 40% of the men wore tuxes. The others wore suits. I'd say "all" had at least a jacket on.

Bette

You might get better pricing booking a family verandah. This gives you a partian with a pull out sofa and a balcony that is almost the size of your room. I love to dress up at formal night but my husband will wear a dark suit and no more. That seems to be the norm.

happy sailing

Claudette

Bette

If it is room 1649 (the one you referenced in another thread) that room has a sofa bed. While you have dinner the room steward would convert it from a couch to a bed and while at breakfast the steward would turn it back into a couch.

Celebrity is one of the more formal lines among the mass market lines; most guests enjoy and respect the dress code and it is often enforced. Most men wear either a tux or suit for formal nights. A few only a shirt and tie or jacket without tie, but they are in a small minority.

There are options if you prefer to not dress up; there is a limited dinner buffet (it is not a full buffet on Celebrity at dinner time, but a fairly decent selection), room service, or Bistro on 5 (has a $5 cover charge) all offer casual dining.

There are options if you prefer to not dress up; there is a limited dinner buffet (it is not a full buffet on Celebrity at dinner time, but a fairly decent selection),

We haven't sailed on any S-Class ships yet (2 coming up) , but the last time we were on the Celebrity Millennium; in the buffet area, they closed off some tables, put some table cloths on them, and had a very nice limited menu for $2 PP.

We haven't sailed on any S-Class ships yet (2 coming up) , but the last time we were on the Celebrity Millennium; in the buffet area, they closed off some tables, put some table cloths on them, and had a very nice limited menu for $2 PP.

S-Class ships do not offer this.

Celebrity is one of the more formal lines among the mass market lines; most guests enjoy and respect the dress code and it is often enforced. Most men wear either a tux or suit for formal nights. A few only a shirt and tie or jacket without tie, but they are in a small minority.

On our recent Celebrity cruise the dress code did not appear to be enforced at all. Noting the "no t-shirts in the main dining room at any time" rule, I changed into a blouse for Christmas Day Brunch. Only to be treated to the sight of a middle-aged man in an orange Harley Davidson singlet showing off his many tattoos! We couldn't really tell the difference between formal nights and any other. It seemed to be the minority who dressed up for dinner on any night, certainly not the majority.

We're far from being snobs but this lack of enforcement of the dress code, together with the consistently rude and inconsiderate behaviour and attitude of many of our fellow passengers, led to us being disappointed in our first Celebrity cruise.

It was not the experience we expected from Celebrity's advertising and, indeed, what we'd read on CC.

hi.

I found these photo's somewhere on this site and it shows some of the cabins and the different either drop down or pull out beds. They will also show you how beautful the ship is.

As for the formal nights, we were in the mediterranean on Solstice last september and most people were dressed up.

http://www.thepreismans.com/

look at...Solstice pre inaugural cruise

Archived