Peso's versus Dollars

CRUZIN TOM

We have been to the MR 4 times in our past cruises, but have never used Peso's for our transactions. We do a lot of local shooping for some nice goods to bring back home. I do a real good job of bargining for our items. The question is: Should I be using Peso's or Dollars for our purchases? We will be there again this March.:)

We have been to the MR 4 times in our past cruises, but have never used Peso's for our transactions. We do a lot of local shooping for some nice goods to bring back home. I do a real good job of bargining for our items. The question is: Should I be using Peso's or Dollars for our purchases? We will be there again this March.:)

I take both and ask the seller which will get me the best price. Check the exchange rate before you go.

Some will tell you it is disrespectful to use dollars, but I disagree. Experience has shown me that most sellers prefer dollars. (At least the ones I deal with)

I usually use dollars but I noticed that most places have two price systems and the peso seems to be a better deal. On other cruises I just use the dollar but if I do the MR again I will buy pesos since they are used at all three ports.

Thanks for the info, looks like I will purchase $200-$300.00 in pesos. So the best place I have found is thru Wells fargo. You can use a credit card, charged as a purchase and not a cash advance like BOA.:)

I was thinking more along the lines of changing $500 Can. into Pesos. That way I can be sure I have enough to get the three kids I have left at home gift.s

Archived