Splendor - Review

wizard-of-roz

Whew..had me worried about that rooms service thing :) I'm looking forward to that in the mornings.

Two quick questions that you guys may or may not be able to answer for me:

1) My aunt and uncle are visually impaired and will be along with us for this trip. They do not bring a service dog but use canes instead. Was there anything on this particular cruise that you think would be useful for them to know? My aunt is terrified of tendering into Cabo (she's also a rather fluffy lady and between that and her vision she's planning on staying on the ship that day :rolleyes:)

2) I just thought of this tonight. My sister and I will have adjoining balcony cabins. Do they have any kind of door or anything between them to make that all one big deck? There's a door between the rooms I know.

We're each taking one of my sons (14 and 17) to room with. Keeps them separated (aka less fighting) and gives us each *almost* our own bathroom. If we could make the deck into one that would be really cool!

Whew..had me worried about that rooms service thing :) I'm looking forward to that in the mornings.

Two quick questions that you guys may or may not be able to answer for me:

1) My aunt and uncle are visually impaired and will be along with us for this trip. They do not bring a service dog but use canes instead. Was there anything on this particular cruise that you think would be useful for them to know? My aunt is terrified of tendering into Cabo (she's also a rather fluffy lady and between that and her vision she's planning on staying on the ship that day :rolleyes:)

2) I just thought of this tonight. My sister and I will have adjoining balcony cabins. Do they have any kind of door or anything between them to make that all one big deck? There's a door between the rooms I know.

We're each taking one of my sons (14 and 17) to room with. Keeps them separated (aka less fighting) and gives us each *almost* our own bathroom. If we could make the deck into one that would be really cool!

When it comes to the balcony, you can go to guest service's and ask to have maintenance unlock and open the door, but make sure you ask immediately after you board, because from what I understand is they only have a few of the kits to attach the door to the railing, so it is a first come first served.

Now when it comes to someone who is blind, I would recommed that some one send an email to special needs. Here is the link

specialneeds@carnival.com

They will be more then willing to set up any help that you will need.

Thanks for your thoughts. I'm going on the Splendor in May, so I enjoyed reading it. A couple things though:

I thought that muster was without preservers fleetwide. Did I mis-understand, in that you needed to bring yours to muster?

Also, I believe that a lot of places are switching to air blowers in the restrooms now. On the Dream the blowers were so strong that your skin moved:eek:

Thanks again.

HaHa, your skin moved on the Freedom too! It looked freaky!

Archived