Personal Vacation Planner????

drolltroll

I use one as I can answers much faster and price is good.

If TA or online agency discounts commissions you can get a better price. However if you have early saver some TA's will not handle the paper work without getting paid.

Read the boards and you will see threads written on it both pro and con.

You are in control of your reservation if you book through a PVP. If you booked through a TA, the TA is in control and Carnival will not talk to you or do anything with your booking at all, the TA "owns" the booking.

7C cabin sailing Sept 4th on Carnival Magic 12 days booked direct with Carnival PVP= $4006

Same 7C cabin sailing Sept 4th on Carnival Magic 12 days booked through my TA = $3576

Saving $430 = pricel.....er, $430 in my pocket and not Carnival's. Nothing my PVP can do for me is worth $430 more than what my TA can do for me. Though I think I have a really good TA.

I have booked my last 3 cruises with a PVP first then transferred to my TA. Not really sure there is any point to doing that, but it doesn't cost me anything and there is no harm in having one person from Carnival to contact when I'm thinking about booking a new cruise.

Is there an advantage to using one rather than booking say, through priceline or a T.A?

Although I normally hunt and peck for my own deal, that's part of the fun to me, I have several regulars that I use, so I do spread it around. On a recent cruise I made the mistake of calling the 1-800 number to carnival and ALL kind of PVP's where calling me constantly! So to stop this I Chose one and then used her for my upcoming cruise. Service was great! Next trip I called her again and implied that we were wanting to cruise again, but not booking at that time. After checking around I found a better rate with one of my other regulars and booked with them. Guess who called the next night (near 8pm) and gave me what for, for going around her to someone else? It was very embarassing to both of us as I had actually called her back to say I did not need her services for this cruise and maybe next time! I actually felt stalked in the matter because she knew when, where and with whom I was traveling. Yes shes a carnival emp. and propably has all the info. at her finger tips, but does that give her the right to use it for harassing me? No I do not think so, and needless to say I wont be using her again. The answer to your question is, its a crap shoot in using any of them. All you can do is try one and see, but my guess is if you don't like he/she you will have hell getting rid of them. If money is a big issue, they could NOT been the rate I got elsewhere(her words, not mine) After that then ANY agent can handle a booking. My advice is pick three of the biggest agencies and start with one of them! My last word is Google, then research! Happy Cruising

Archived