Miami Metromover Question

PR Cruisers

Great way to get around. I took it with my 12-yr old daughter from Bayside Marriott about 4 years ago. She loved it.

Depending on the amount of foot traffic in the evening, you might want to take a taxi back if you're going after dark. We didn't though. There was a concert going on and scads of people around so we walked to the metromover station late that evening and rode it back to the hotel, too. Then we took it back to the park just the other side of Bayside the next morning to wander about while we were killing time till it was time to go to the ship.

Metromover is safe for family?

We can take it from Marriot Biscayne Bay to Bayside Marketplace?

We have only ridden it during the day and it felt very safe. After dark, I would be more inclined to grab a cab. The fare between Bayside and the Marriott is quite reasonable.:) We have stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay and the Hilton next door and found that the views of the harbor from both hotels are among the best available.

Which is the station of Bayside Marketplace? Which is the one of Marriot Biscayne Bay?

I'm sure someone will correct me if my information isn't quite accurate but I believe that the station nearest the Marriott Biscayne Bay is the Adrienne Arsht Center Metromover station and the one closest to Bayside Marketplace is the College/Bayside station. To confirm you can google the Miami Metromover and check out the station map on its website.:)

I'm sure someone will correct me if my information isn't quite accurate but I believe that the station nearest the Marriott Biscayne Bay is the Adrienne Arsht Center Metromover station and the one closest to Bayside Marketplace is the College/Bayside station. To confirm you can google the Miami Metromover and check out the station map on its website.:)
The College/Bayside stop is a very short walk from Bayside (just did this last weekend). The Marriott is a short walk from the Arsht Center stop. Metromover is rather safe and runs quite often, but late at night I'd walk or take a cab.

Les

The College/Bayside stop is a very short walk from Bayside (just did this last weekend). The Marriott is a short walk from the Arsht Center stop. Metromover is rather safe and runs quite often, but late at night I'd walk or take a cab.

Les

Thanks for the confirmation. I thought that my reading of the transit map was correct but am pleased that someone has confirmed it. Last time we were on the Metromover, they had a power failure and when it had gone on for over twenty or more minutes, we finally exited the car and found a cab back to our hotel. Any other time, however, it has worked very well and we enjoyed the ride.:)

We did the whole metromover to get from Hilton (2nd to last stop by the Miami Herald, before the borad of ed) to Brickell & back. We thought it was a cute free tour.

There were some homeless people aboard but they didn't bother anybody.

I was shocked at what a ghost town downtown Miami is on Sundays other than at the port.

Archived