Tour with Claudia in Cartagena

chuly

We highly recommend using Claudia. She was not available for us but the driver and guide she sent for us were outstanding. Our guide was extremely knowledgeable and took us EVERYWHERE. We had a wonderful day and loved Cartagena. Can't wait to go back.:)

Unfortunately we did not have the same experience in Roatan. Our tour with Rony's tour was EXTREMELY disappointing and do not recommend him at all.:mad:

We just returned from a cruise on the Jewel of the Seas which included a stop in Cartagena. We were very lucky to have made arrangements with Claudia a few months back, so she showed 18 of us around her beautiful city. Claudia met us at the pier and we then proceeded to the monastary, "LaPopa", on top of the hill for a view of the entire city and harbor. We also toured the inside of the monastary which included the Chapel of Our Lady of the Candle. Next we went to San Felipe de Barajas fort. Some climbed to the top with Claudia, while others stayed near the bottom (it very hot and humid in Cartagena ). We then stopped at the "dungeons", a market place for local crafts and art. We then moved on to the old city where we visited the Inquisition Palace and the Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver. Afterwards we headed to the modern area and made a stop at an emerald factory. Claudia then took us to a commercial district for more shopping, but all of us opted to return to the ship as we were all getting tired.

Claudia is a great guide and very knowledgable tour leader. She has great knowledge and pride in her country and her city. She was very informative weaving the history of Cartagena into the tour. She has a very good command of the english language, so that does not present a problem. She is very personable and got to know most of the participants name by the end of the tour.

I would strongly reccomend anyone to use Claudia's tours!!!:)

Hello Julie J,

Yes, it was sent to me in the previous post. You can contact her through her website: (http://www.toursclaudiavidal.com by geofpf. There is a tab "Contact us" that brings up an e-mail message to write to her. Thanks geofpf, very much. I have sent her an email as others in our group are interested also.

Regards,

Barbara

Hello Julie J,

Yes, it was sent to me in the previous post. You can contact her through her website: (http://www.toursclaudiavidal.com by geofpf. There is a tab "Contact us" that brings up an e-mail message to write to her. Thanks geofpf, very much. I have sent her an email as others in our group are interested also.

Regards,

Barbara

Hope she's able to help you out, she really gave us a very nice tour and everyone in our group enjoyed our afternoon with her.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have an email address for Claudia? We are going on the Jewel in Feb and are looking for a tour in Cartagena.

Thanks

Julie J

Claudia´s email address is claudia@toursclaudiavidal.com. Do not hesitate in contacting her. She is just wonderful. She is very informative, hilarious, well-read and speaks excellent English.

We were with her last January in a tour around Cartagena which ended up being the best tour in the whole cruise

I highly recommend her.

Mistral

• 2 weeks later...

I also toured with Claudia in Cartagena last January, and I have to say too that she was wonderful. We visited about four places plus a shopping plaza, and had a fantastic time. She showed great knowledge and appreciation for her city. And best of all, she spoke very good English !!

I also toured with Claudia in Cartagena last January, and I have to say too that she was wonderful. We visited about four places plus a shopping plaza, and had a fantastic time. She showed great knowledge and appreciation for her city. And best of all, she spoke very good English !!

How much was her tour?

did you stop in Santa Marta too? If so, any recommendations?

• 4 weeks later...

I do not think Claudia operates tours in Santa Marta. Of course, she runs her own tours in Cartagena, and she is very good: informative, nice, helpful and her English is very good too.

I highly recommend her to take you around Cartagena. Do not miss her, if she is available of course.

Magnetic

Mid February we arranged a tour with Claudia in Cartagena, through her mail address. We loved it ! She answered all our questions and all our doubts about her city and country. She was very informative. She had excellent English so we could easily understand everything, contrary to to tours in other countries where it had been really difficult to undertand the guide.

• 1 month later...

We arranged a tour with her through Lee Miles, an American based out of Colombia. He can be reached through his website.

We just loved Claudia. She is indeed hilariously funny, very knowledgeable about Colombia and all of its landmarks, and very flexible with the day's plans. We were able to pull together a pretty large group through our Roll Call thread and ended up paying $35 per person.

• 3 months later...
Mid February we arranged a tour with Claudia in Cartagena, through her mail address. We loved it ! She answered all our questions and all our doubts about her city and country. She was very informative. She had excellent English so we could easily understand everything, contrary to to tours in other countries where it had been really difficult to undertand the guide.

How was your tour w/ Claudia. Do u mind sharing what she charged per person. TY

• 1 month later...

Archived