Obc

Project_gal

We have just received a further confirmation invoice from Azamara and, in addition to confirming that our Service Charge has been removed, this invoice actually shows the OBC we have been awarded. I have not seen this before and, from what I have read on this and the Celebrity boards, it has not been normal practice in the past.

I had recently emailed our Personal Cruise Consultant requesting written confirmation of our OBC so the new invoice may have been in response to this. However, as we had not previously had confirmation of the removal of the Service Charge, it may have been issued for this reason. It is not clear. The OBC does not show on our online reservation.

I would be interested to know if this is a one-off or if we can expect this for future cruises with Azamara and Celebrity.

Sue

We have just received a further confirmation invoice from Azamara and, in addition to confirming that our Service Charge has been removed, this invoice actually shows the OBC we have been awarded. I have not seen this before and, from what I have read on this and the Celebrity boards, it has not been normal practice in the past.

I had recently emailed our Personal Cruise Consultant requesting written confirmation of our OBC so the new invoice may have been in response to this. However, as we had not previously had confirmation of the removal of the Service Charge, it may have been issued for this reason. It is not clear. The OBC does not show on our online reservation.

I would be interested to know if this is a one-off or if we can expect this for future cruises with Azamara and Celebrity.

Sue

Hi Project Gal !

Depending on what type of OBC it is (meaning if it is provided by Azamara), I've seen them appear on the Customer Copy of Azamara's booking confirmation for quite some time. As for seeing it online ? I've never seen that, and I've suggested it to Azamara and Celebrity countless times. It would a great feature to add.

Thanks Andy, our OBC has never appeared on our confirmation invoice before. Perhaps it is another thing we are slow in catching up with in the UK. It is reassuring to see it there as one of our OBCs took a while to sort out on out last cruise.

Hi - there are 2 sorts of OBC in the UK - one is when the company are doing a general offer and this will appear on your invoice, and then there is the OBC offered by the PersonalCruise dept which never shows as this is a 'gift' from them to you. This is the bit you should always get in writing!

How does the OBC confirmation look appear in your invoice just to be sure?

and then there is the OBC offered by the PersonalCruise dept which never shows as this is a 'gift' from them to you. This is the bit you should always get in writing!

Albert

One of the OBCs IS our "gift" which is showing!

How does the OBC confirmation look appear in your invoice just to be sure?

The code for this is: OBC8 - $nnn ONBRDCR

Sue

• 2 weeks later...

I know that some types of OBC are refundable and others are not but are there rules for the order in which OBC is applied, please? We usually watch the exchange rate and hedge by purchasing OBC but, with the new included "extras", are not as sure what our onboard spend will be for our next cruise.

Thanks.

Sue

I know that some types of OBC are refundable and others are not but are there rules for the order in which OBC is applied, please? We usually watch the exchange rate and hedge by purchasing OBC but, with the new included "extras", are not as sure what our onboard spend will be for our next cruise.

Thanks.

Sue

Hi Sue !

What we've heard from past passengers, is that Non-Refundable OBC's are applied to your spending first. If you "Buy" OBC's with your own funds, I have to believe they would be refundable.

As things are changing, I can't be 100% certain on the above, so I suggest you contact Azamara or your TA to confirm the above. I hope this helps !

Archived