Is cruising gay friendly in Australia? Dawn Princess

davethescot

My partner and I are first time cruisers and we are doing a cruise from Sydney round the South Pacific on the Dawn Princess in October this year.

I was wondering if anybody had cruised from Australia before and how you found the clientele on the ship. I would imagine that we are going to be quite young compared to the other cruisers (27&36) but we are defo prepared to throw ourselves into it and make the most of it.

Look forward to your respnoses.

Thanks,

David

My partner and I are first time cruisers and we are doing a cruise from Sydney round the South Pacific on the Dawn Princess in October this year.

I was wondering if anybody had cruised from Australia before and how you found the clientele on the ship. I would imagine that we are going to be quite young compared to the other cruisers (27&36) but we are defo prepared to throw ourselves into it and make the most of it.

Look forward to your respnoses.

Thanks,

David

Hi David

I used to work on the P&O ship and never once did I ever encounter problems with being gay onboard. I have also travelled heaps as a passenger and same thing, all sweet. Would be very happy to show you photos of my cruises, the South Pacific is perfect for a first cruise. Dawn Princess is an amazing ship too. Im young myself 26 but addicted to cruising, going in August this year for 12 nights and at the end of the year on Cunard Queen Mary.

I can be contacted on my email spiritworld at gmx.com

Look forward to hearing from you

J

We cruised Australia/New Zealand last year and didn't encounter any issues whatsoever. In fact, there were a lot of gay couples on our ship and other passengers were well traveled and very accepting. Ships' staff were great - friendly to all. And residents of both countries couldn't have been more welcoming.

We had a fantastic time, hope you do as well.

Archived