Baggage Weight Limit on River Tosca Cruise

sands28

We are planning on booking the Splendor of the Nile Cruise on the River Tosca in the future. Checking on various documents received from Uniworld we came across the following:

Baggage Limitations

The maximum weight limit allowed for baggage on domestic flights between Cairo to Luxor is 43 pounds (20 kg).

Has anyone who has taken this cruise seen this limitation and if so was it enforced.

The question is not whether the cruise line enforces the weight limit, but whether the airline enforces the weight limit. Luggage weight limitations are not as generous in other parts of the world as they are in the US.

From the Uniworld brochure:

Baggage Limitations

Airline baggage restrictions change frequently and each guest

needs to check with their specific air carrier for limitations

concerning baggage weight, baggage size, carry-on regulations,

and excess baggage or overweight charges. This information

can be found on the carrier’s website. The maximum weight

limit allowed for baggage on domestic flights between Cairo to

Luxor and Cairo to Amman is 43 pounds (20 kg). Remember

to check for both international (over the water) and domestic

(intracontinental) regulations, since limitations differ depending

on flight routings. Overweight or excess baggage charges vary,

and guests who exceed an airline’s recommended limits may be

asked to pay fees ranging from US Dollars (USD) $25 – $80, or

possibly more, per infraction.

Given this, expect to pay extra if your bag is over 43 pounds.

We returned from a tour with Uniworld on the River Tosca in Nov. My luggage weighed 55 lbs. and I did not get charged for overweight. The weight limit was 50lbs. on our airline carriers but the check in person said they allow a little leaway. I think it depends sometimes on who checks you in. On the domestic flight to Luxor our group checked in together and our guide said not to worry that they weigh the luggage as a group. I actually didn't see them weigh anything but just grouped it together and sent it on through.

You will love Uniworld!

next trip?

Do not worry about the luggage weight for the Internal flights. All your luggage is weighed as a group weight. I am not even sure they weighed our luggage. They just gathered it up and set it together and then tagged it. As I stated in another post my large suitcase weighed 55lbs. and my husbands was 52 lbs. No overweight charge.

Our flight was early in the morning. Maybe around 7:30. I know we had to get up around 4:30 for the ride to the airport and then the check in. We came back around 1:00 or maybe a little earlier. We were back in time for lunch on the ship.

I am not sure of the exact type of plane, but it was Egypt Air with a configuration of 2 seats on one side and 3 on the other. It was compoeltey full both coming and going.

Hope this helps.

next trip?

Archived