Abandoned ship

Gemini4321

Just had an email from Thomsons here is part of it ,these are their words ,

We're aware that there were problems with the toilets onboard the Island Escape and I'm sorry that you were affected by this. These issues are being investigated as a separate matter and the ship has been removed from our fleet and is currently undergoing a refit.

so what do you make of that :(

Hi Mrs.c.,

really they should have done that straight after your cruise and got her in to sort the toilet pumping system out.

I wonder what they'll do for the cruisers whose cruises are cancelled while they sort it?

Berwyn

Now thats what I was thinking :confused: because never heard anyone saying that their cruise was cancelled or changed to a new ship and it is still on their website taking bookings from the 19th feb ,,,,very strange

I wonder if you tried to book whether their system would take it or say not available.

I see you've got hubby on here now keeping an eye on you.:D

Berwyn

I did go through to the stage where you had to put all names and it still continued ,as if it was taking the booking ,

as for hubby yes he is just being nosey :D

DW just comes over and has a browse through while I'm on.

As she's no older than the rest of their ships if they get the basic problems sorted out she should be fine again.

Look at the old Calypso they've just retired, she was built in 1967 and was originally a ferry too. And apparently everyone loved her.

Berwyn

As much as I would like to think they have taken the ship out of service to fix a few problems..logisticaly I don't think this would be practical getting 1700 pasengers to change ship with a few days/weeks notice. not just once or twice ..TBH can't see it happening (but I am set to be amazed sometimes) :D

The fall out would be catastrophic for Thomsons and their credibilty in the cruise market would be hit big time.

RR

2 days ago

IE.jpg

Why would Thomsons send such a misleading email in the first place? It is funny that nobody else got such a message and I wonder if Thomsons sent it by mistake.

Cymro, whats the tracking website address?

Hi Dave, that's it.

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/default.aspx?level0=100

Hit the "Vessels" tab at the top, then "Search all ships", then type her name in the search box.

I found though that while it works fine in the Med for the ships, in the Canaries she goes off radar after Gran Canaria.

Berwyn

Hi Mrs.c.,

really they should have done that straight after your cruise and got her in to sort the toilet pumping system out.

I wonder what they'll do for the cruisers whose cruises are cancelled while they sort it?

Berwyn

wee have just booked for 19th feb taking our grandaughter with us

do you know if they sell nappies on the ship have been on all the thomson ships except this one sure we will make the best of it whatever thanks this is my first post so its probably in the wrong place cheers

wee have just booked for 19th feb taking our grandaughter with us

do you know if they sell nappies on the ship have been on all the thomson ships except this one sure we will make the best of it whatever thanks this is my first post so its probably in the wrong place cheers

Hi, and welcome.

Ideally i think you should have started this as a new thread, but it doesn't matter.

As you might have read if browsing on here, we have been on her twice and had a great time.

I can't help about the nappies I'm afraid as our boys grew out of them many years ago.

She's no older than the others, Apart from the "new" Dream.

There are a few pics of the ship in my 2 albums below.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/

I don't know what you think, but if you are taking your granddaughter, if it was us we'd stay on board in Agadir.

Berwyn

Hi, and welcome.

Ideally i think you should have started this as a new thread, but it doesn't matter.

As you might have read if browsing on here, we have been on her twice and had a great time.

I can't help about the nappies I'm afraid as our boys grew out of them many years ago.

She's no older than the others, Apart from the "new" Dream.

There are a few pics of the ship in my 2 albums below.

http://s727.photobucket.com/albums/ww273/Cymro1953/

I don't know what you think, but if you are taking your granddaughter, if it was us we'd stay on board in Agadir.

Berwyn

thanks for your advice ! we were thinking the same about agadir cheers

thanks for your advice ! we were thinking the same about agadir cheers

Pleasure, that's our review of the cruise in December.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1112288

We did find the swell in the Atlantic quite big even when the weather was calm.

I'd been to Tunisia in the 1970's and Alexandria and Cairo on a cruise in June 2009, and thought they were bad, but they were better than Agadir. (you'll probably get loads of posts now saying how people loved there) :D

Berwyn

BFB,

Afraid I can't help with las palmas, but feel fairly confident that the shop did have nappies on board last year, but they had changed the shop about so not 100% certain..was't looking for them to be honest :D

But have a look >>

<< Please click me ;) to get a feel for the Good ship IE :p

do you know how far it is from the port to the shops in las palmas

as that is our first stop thanks again :confused:

Hi it is a long way. The ship docked at one end of the sea front and the proper shops were right at the other end.

We walked from one end of the shopping area to the nearest end to the ship.

We then got on the HOHO bus to go back to the ship and it took about 3 to 4 minutes at a good speed non stop.

I wouldn't recomend the HOHO bus, it was the worst we've ever done as far as sightseeing was concerned. It would be easier and cheaper to get a taxi both ways.

Berwyn

BFB,

Afraid I can't help with las palmas, but feel fairly confident that the shop did have nappies on board last year, but they had changed the shop about so not 100% certain..was't looking for them to be honest :D

But have a look >>

<< Please click me ;) to get a feel for the Good ship IE :p

thanks

Archived