If you are looking for a good hotel in San Juan..

jaybird from SC

The Radisson Ambassador Hotel was a great place for our pre-cruise night in SJ. True it is not on the beach (a block away) but that wasn't a priority for us. (It was pouring rain anyway).We also were not interested in touring the city as we have been there several times before. We booked direct with the hotel and got a very reasonable rate which included afternoon snacks and breakfast. The rooms were large and very nice-appeared to have been recently remodeled. There were many shops and restaurants and a Walgreen's, within walking distance and it was just a short taxi ride the next day to the pier. Anyone needing a pre or post place to crash, we highly recommend this hotel. No problem with service either.

This is really good to know because I was looking to book 2 rooms here for 1 night post-cruise. I appreciate your input.

The Radisson Ambassador Hotel was a great place for our pre-cruise night in SJ. True it is not on the beach (a block away) but that wasn't a priority for us. (It was pouring rain anyway).We also were not interested in touring the city as we have been there several times before. We booked direct with the hotel and got a very reasonable rate which included afternoon snacks and breakfast. The rooms were large and very nice-appeared to have been recently remodeled. There were many shops and restaurants and a Walgreen's, within walking distance and it was just a short taxi ride the next day to the pier. Anyone needing a pre or post place to crash, we highly recommend this hotel. No problem with service either.

Just went online to check rates at the Radisson Ambassador and they are having a 48 hr sale. I was able to book 2 rooms at a very very reasonable rate and I'm so happy! That was the last piece of the vacation puzzle for us. Now we are all set. April 11 cannot come fast enough!

Ayden, I cannot tell you how thrilled I am that I was able to help someone. I've gotten so many useful tips/hints from this board that it feels nice to actually contribute!

So now we're staying at the Radisson Ambassador....any good restaurants in the area?

its still available...I just booked and I'm thrilled to have saved so much.

Thanks for the great advice.

I'm glad my post was able to help some of you. We were pleasantly surprised when we got to the hotel as some of the reviews we had read were not too favorable. Our rooms were very nice. The afternoon snacks and AM breakfast were upstairs in a "private" room apart from the hotel restaurant. Exit the hotel's front entrance and make a right. There are shops and restaurants and a Walgreen's, all within walking distance. Hope you enjoy your stay at the Radisson Ambassador, we did!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information about the Radisson Ambassador Hotel.

I found the internet special but I asked for the special on the phone and they

gave it to me. Was originally book for the Sheraton Puerto Rico Hotel on

Convention Boulevard but the Radisson is a better location and cheaper.

Can't wait for March 21 and the Adventure of the Seas!!

• 3 weeks later...

I need hotel suggestions too. I just looked at the Radisson rates and they are too pricey for me.... $163/night and up. We are looking at staying maybe two days before cruise and one day after, so I am looking for more cost efficient. Any other ideas?

I need hotel suggestions too. I just looked at the Radisson rates and they are too pricey for me.... $163/night and up. We are looking at staying maybe two days before cruise and one day after, so I am looking for more cost efficient. Any other ideas?

Call them direct...You might get a better rate. We did...

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton last weekend post cruise. Sunday was a mad house as many people were obviously there Saturday night prior to departing on their ship Sunday. But what a place!! Great beach, great pool and great location. We were happy when we got bumped from our flight Monday am and got to spend another day at the Hilton before departing on Tuesday. The Hilton is pricey but worth it. We had a great couple of days there.

We stayed at the Caribe Hilton last weekend post cruise. Sunday was a mad house as many people were obviously there Saturday night prior to departing on their ship Sunday. But what a place!! Great beach, great pool and great location. We were happy when we got bumped from our flight Monday am and got to spend another day at the Hilton before departing on Tuesday. The Hilton is pricey but worth it. We had a great couple of days there.

Do you have to take a taxi to eat anywhere around there(besides their restaurants)??

I'll second the Hilton Caribe!!

It's GORGEOUS! Rooms were clean and modern, the pool area and the beach were fantastic!! It's only a MAX 10 min bus ride into Old San Juan (and the bus is only .75cent per person, each way), and it's a $12 (plus $1/bag) to the Pan American Pier.

It's a very safe area, and the staff is fantastic!

As far as restaurant go, we walked for about 7minutes to here:

http://www.escambron.com/

AMAZING local food, and quite reasonably priced.

I highly recommend both this hotel AND this restaurant!!!

• 3 weeks later...
I'll second the Hilton Caribe!!

It's GORGEOUS! Rooms were clean and modern, the pool area and the beach were fantastic!! It's only a MAX 10 min bus ride into Old San Juan (and the bus is only .75cent per person, each way), and it's a $12 (plus $1/bag) to the Pan American Pier.

It's a very safe area, and the staff is fantastic!

As far as restaurant go, we walked for about 7minutes to here:

http://www.escambron.com/

AMAZING local food, and quite reasonably priced.

I highly recommend both this hotel AND this restaurant!!!

So glad to hear you were happy with this hotel as we are booked there for both pre and post cruise and were hoping we had made the best decision. I spent the better part of a day doing research online, looking at maps showing old san juan and where the hotels were and reading peoples comments and hoping I had it all right. I ended up booking through the Jet Blue website after I had booked our flights and feel like we got a decent price compared to what their website was showing. Then when I booked the after cruise night it was even cheaper through the same website. Very happy to hear you were pleased with the hotel. Thanks for posting.

Archived