Hotel and Transportation Question to Port of Miami

jojoacq

Hi, we have a large group of 12 people going on the Carnival Glory May 9th. We have made plane reservations to fly down the day before and hotel reservations for the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina.

My question is, has anyone ever stayed here? It looks fabulous and I've read reviews and they are good. My second question is, has anyone a suggestion on transportation from our hotel to the Port of Miami? We are just a little over a mile from the hotel to the cruise ship. With 12 people and all our luggage, we are thinking we should get one of those big vans. Any suggestions?

Also we fly into Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions on transportation from there to our hotel?

Thanks!

Hi, we have a large group of 12 people going on the Carnival Glory May 9th. We have made plane reservations to fly down the day before and hotel reservations for the Marriott Biscayne Bay Hotel and Marina.

My question is, has anyone ever stayed here? It looks fabulous and I've read reviews and they are good. My second question is, has anyone a suggestion on transportation from our hotel to the Port of Miami? We are just a little over a mile from the hotel to the cruise ship. With 12 people and all our luggage, we are thinking we should get one of those big vans. Any suggestions?

Also we fly into Ft. Lauderdale. Any suggestions on transportation from there to our hotel?

Thanks!

Do a search on SAS Transportation. If you are flying into FLL they can take you and are the cheapest and best - well in my opinion. Just used them this week-end and they are frequently mentioned on the boards. Also, I have not stayed at the Marriott, but have stayed at the Doubletree next door. Ask for a bay view room. You can take the free metro mover to Bayside DURING the day time and eat dinner there and walk about a bit. I would do taxi or some kind of van from hotel to port. Maybe you could call the hotel and see if they have a suggestion? Port is close by. Taxis for all may be cheaper. I really don't know but check out SAS for FLL to Miami.

My opinion.

Too much trouble trying to organize that many people with luggage.

There will be plenty of cabs at the hotel. Small groups hook up, everyone grabs a cab. Everyone meet at the where the cabs drop you off and in you go.

My opinion.

Too much trouble trying to organize that many people with luggage.

There will be plenty of cabs at the hotel. Small groups hook up, everyone grabs a cab. Everyone meet at the where the cabs drop you off and in you go.

Cab fare approx $80 from FLL to Miami.

Cab fare approx $80 from FLL to Miami.

I should have been more clear. I understood the OP to be asking about from hotel (1 mile from port) to port.

Airport to hotel would be a seprate issue. For that, I'd recommend a party bus limo from Jewel Limo. Beautiful interior, plenty room for all, not really that expensive, plenty of storage space for everyones luggage.

http://www.jewellimo.com/our_fleet.php

As a party of 5 we have rented limos twice from FLL to Miami, unfortunately I don't remember who we have used. The price for a stretch two years ago was about $120 and we had them make a stop. If you look at the posts on the port area there will be recent recommendations. The kids love seeing the stretch drive up and know it is for them. Have fun.

Archived