About bringing drinks aboard...

catharina

Okay, I am reading very conflicting information about bringing drinks on board.

I some reviews I read that EVERYTHING, included a personal small bottle of water was confiscated upon boparding (or returning aboard), in other reviews I rad that MSC does not even check the luggage and that you can bring any drink you like including hard liquor.

Not that I necesarily want to bring hard liquor, but if it IS doable, I'll take some mini's to mix a drink. But more importantly: water and some cans of coke: really confiscated?

What are your experiences on this one?

Extra info: we are sialing Splendida in March mediterranean, boarding Marseille

officially answer is no beverages can be brought on board. Every time you get on and off the ship your bags go through a scanner. The signs around all say that any food or beverages will be 'held' for you until the end of the cruise. On our recent Med cruise- I routinely had a bottle of water, and sometimes had a little food in our backpack. It was never once taken away.

I looked over at the table of 'held items' as we were disembarking at Genoa. From looking at the table it appeared that all of the 'held items' were weapons of various kinds (mostly knives.)

The worst that will happen if they confiscate your beverages is that you will get them back at the end- and not have them for the cruise- I say go for it.

to answer your other thread about daily programs- I haven't seen any on the web but i have all of mine. I will try and get DH to scan in one sometime this week if you don't get another response.

Archived