Xcaret or edventures?

dyson

Was looking around and see both mentioned

But what would be better for a family of 5?

they seem to cost about the same

We have a 14, 10, 1nd 6 year old but the six year old is mighty tiny. And we don't want him to feel left out. They seem to do the same kinda things

Xcaret seems to be more of the themem park side am i right?

I just want the kids to have a great day, any opinions would be great

Ogh great now I see xelha Now i'm completely confused

Xcaret and Xel-Ha are pretty much the same thing. Xcaret is closer to the ferry dock, though, so you'll spend less time traveling and more time at the park (even though I believe both are pretty much all-day excursions. I did Xcaret through RCL in October 2008 and Xel-Ha when I stayed in Cancun on a non-cruise trip prior to that.)

That said, I'll give a slight nudge more toward Xcaret. I'm a non-swimmer but loved the underground river, where you put on a lifevest and swim/float your way to the exit. (If you do this, though, it will take up a lot of time at the park.) There are exits if you don't feel like doing the whole thing, and only one bad spot, where the current is against you - but there's a rope that you can hold onto and pull yourself along the way.

A word of advice on either: They use only biodegradable sunscreen! At Xcaret, however, if you give them your sunscreen you can trade it in for a tube of what they use. We wound up buying a tube, which was not only expensive (I think it was $10!), but had to be checked in on the flight home... and of course, we found in the bag we brought to Xcaret that there was a tube which we could have traded in.... *sigh*

• 4 weeks later...

decided on xcartet, I can book it through the carnival. And they will sulpply the transport and even wait for us if the bus breaks down.

price was it was about 5-6 more than straight through the park but the entire wait for you if the bus breaks down thing.......... um yea

decided on xcartet, I can book it through the carnival. And they will sulpply the transport and even wait for us if the bus breaks down.

price was it was about 5-6 more than straight through the park but the entire wait for you if the bus breaks down thing.......... um yea

I must have booked the wrong cruise week, because the Twister Boat Ride in Cozumel isn't offered, and neither is this Xcaret excursion. Which is what I want to do. Unless its listed on the excursions under another name ... is it?? I have a full paid cruise, and not going until August, I wouldn't think it could already be sold out?

• 3 weeks later...

I will be in Cozumel in April and will be in port from 10 until 6. How do you get from the cruise terminal to Xcaret and how long it the travel time. Don't want to pay all that $$$ and not have all day to enjoy. If we do not go to Xcaret can someone please tell me where the best snorkeling and kayaking in Cozumel is located.

Thanks,

hins - I have been researching this same question, and I have found that its probably best to book the cruise line excursion (they take you there), however, I just discovered a friend of mine had been to Xcaret previously and she said that taxi's were everywhere outside the park just waiting for people. She was staying in Playa Del Carmen, but they had no problem getting a taxi back to their hotel. (That was a big concern for me... because I know you can catch a Taxi outside the pier somewhere, but I wasn't sure about how available they would be to get back!) Don't know the rates, sorry... still haven't found an updated posting for that yet :)

According to Carnival (when I called) they only post the Xcaret schedule 90 days out... so its not yet been posted for my cruise (that's why I can't find it yet to book). But if you are going in April it should be listed on your excursions for Calica.

HTH

Archived