Anyone taken a world cruise? Pacific Princess advice appreciated

behindthescenes

I personally don't have your answer but I do suggest you hop over to the Roll Call for your cruise. You'll not only be able to meet some of your ship mates in advance but several of them seem to be well traveled and I'll bet they can help with that packing problem.

Just click on this link: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=863452

Do enjoy your cruise, I'm green :o with envy.

If any of the threads on the Roll Call section don't have solutions for you the best suggestion I can make is to take me with you and I can supply all your answers. Wish I weren't kidding.....

I'm sure you get some great advise from others, but I will wish you a fantastic cruise and we hope to come to you for advise when we make that voyage.

I leave next month on the world cruise and am having a really hard time packing and planning. It is for 90 days on the Pacific Princess. Any advice or suggestions are so welcomed, thank you

The sound you hear is me gritting my teeth and turning green. DON"T OVERPACK. Classic advice, I know, but everyone is literally going to be in the same boat. Accessorize, accessorize, accessorize.

You will have JJ King as your CD. He and Frankie, the ACD work well together and do a great job. I believe this is JJ's final cruise and he will retire at the end of it.

JJ King is our favorite CD. I'm happy for him, but am also sad to see him go.

Been there - done that and would do it again in a minute (if we hit the lotto):p. My best advise is to bring an over the bathroom door clear shoe holder for all your 'stuff' and to only pack 1/2 of the clothes you think you need.

We packed for 3 weeks, planned to do laundry in between - but we still had wayyyyy to many clothes. Remember you will buy tshirts; outfits along the way too.

Also only take 2-3 formal outfits - there were only 3 formal nights per segment and you will see MANY people wearing the same things, day and night, over and over - and no one cares.

Save room in your luggage for souvenirs or take a duffle bag folded up in your luggage. We didn't buy anything big, but ran out of room very quickly (we bought 1-2 small Christmas tree ornaments and maybe a tshirt in each port) but after 42 ports and 2 people, we had to buy a bag on board for the last of the stuff.

Enjoy - you will LOVE it.

Archived