Crown bay to red hook by taxi- how long?

drrich

Obviously, I know it depends upon the time of day (rush hour), etc- BUT: we will be on the Emerald and are looking to take a taxi to Red Hook to take the ferry to St John.

I would like feedback from people who have done this trip. We have done it before, but never from Crown bay, always from Havensight- and on the map of ST Thomas, it appears that one must cross through the busiest part of town to get from Crown bay to Red hook.

Thanks

Rich

You are better off taking the local bus. We were on the Caribbean (not at Crown Bay) last Feb., we were literally the first ones off the ship and the cab drivers wanted to fill their van before they would take us to Red Hook. We finally got him to take us a few miles down the road to where we could catch the bus. If we had it to do again we would skip the cab and walk to the nearest bus stop. DH thinks they are the rudest cab drivers we have ever encountered! Good luck!

I forget what the distance is from Crown Bay to Charlotte Amalie, but I think the maps are deceptive. It's not as far as it looks. I hate to quote times. Maybe an extra 10-15 mins. Havensight to Red Hook is only about 15-20 mins. I'd guess not more than half an hour from CB to RH. St. Johns is an easy trip. Red Hook has more scheduled ferries and it's a shorter ride than doing it from Charolette Amalie.

Archived