Thhomson Spirit Pharoahs cruise 3 March from Manchester-FLIGHT VIA GATWICK NOW!

Just a heads up for anyone else booked on Pharoahs and Promised land for 3rd march

really annoyed now as only booked on sunday-found out today that we are now flying down to gatwick to pick passengers up there and our flights are now 2 hours earlier:mad:and back 2 hours later:mad:

had booked escape lounge to relax beforehand-not going to be worth it now:(

Is this the case for 10th march flights?

according to the Thomson website-yes, but its only the manchester flights that are affected(you wont be on that from petersfield,surely?)

apparently the manchester flight and gatwick flight have too few passengers so they are combining them-which means we have to set off earlier to pick the gatwick passengers up

not pleased as travelling with elderly mum so picked this for the direct flight:confused:

I am on the 10th March cruise, flying out of Stanstead, have heard nothing re our flights, how did you find out about these changes.:eek:

you should be fine-according to Thomson website ,Stansted not affected

only found out by accident(probably Thomson would have sent our tickets out and we would only have found out then:mad:)

only booked last sunday-logged on again today to do a dummy booking to see how much AI was.

saw the change in flight times but it still said Direct flight(taking 6 1/2 hours:eek:)

so rang Thomson-first they couldnt answer my query-rang me back an hour later with the bad news

apparently the manchester flight and gatwick flight have too few passengers so they are combining them-which means we have to set off earlier to pick the gatwick passengers up

not pleased as travelling with elderly mum so picked this for the direct flight:confused:

It is still classed as a direct flight as you wont be changing aircraft and be technically classed as 'landed' by having to enter the terminal.

However, airlines do cover themselves legally over such changes as well.

Silly i know, but dont let it ruin your holiday...im sure you will have a fantastic time :)

It is still classed as a direct flight as you wont be changing aircraft and be technically classed as 'landed' by having to enter the terminal.

However, airlines do cover themselves legally over such changes as well.

Silly i know, but dont let it ruin your holiday...im sure you will have a fantastic time :)

thanks for the good wishes-I wouldn't bother much for myself but when you are travelling with an 80yr old and a 76 yr old who dont much care for flying-the simpler the better;)

we had also booked the escape lounge for them but wont be able to put it to as much use at 6.30am!!!

Archived