Jost Van Dyke with kids?

zaku290

We are traveling with three kids (13, 19 and 6) and we will be in St-Thomas (February 2010) on Oasis of the Seas. We'd like to go on a shore excursion offering a powercat trip to Jost Van Dyke. All I heard so far about the place was about the beach bars and the parties going on there. Is it a good idea to bring the kids, we are looking for a relaxing day at the beach.

Thanks for the help :)

Been there many times. Yes, there are Beach Bars, lots of drinking, BUT, every time we went there everybody was having fun. There were kids hanging out more on the beach. Not so much at the tables. Many parents just pulled a chair to the shoreline. Some bars are much more active than others. Lots of boat traffic. A great day! Sandy Spit is usually on those tours. A little slice of Paradise!! Although I have never brought my children, I would not hesitate (14, 16 & 18). These tours also stop at amazing snorkeling spots, the kids will love it. Have Fun.

I took my teenage son during our Christmas cruise to Jost. Yes, there are bars, but it is no different than going to really almost any Caribbean beach. I imagine if you are there into the evening hours, it could have more of a bar atmosphere. During the day, it is a beautiful beach and water experience.

Archived