Port transfer to Rome Airport

patiolaterns

Does anyone know best ways to transfer to Leonardo da Vince Airport from Azamara Quest which docks at Civitavecchia (Oct.2, 2010)

Our cruise ends at Civitavecchia and don't want to break the bank to get to the airport. Suggestions for taxi/shuttle/etc appreciated. Or does the ship have any transportation that could be purchased?

Does anyone know best ways to transfer to Leonardo da Vince Airport from Azamara Quest which docks at Civitavecchia (Oct.2, 2010)

Our cruise ends at Civitavecchia and don't want to break the bank to get to the airport. Suggestions for taxi/shuttle/etc appreciated. Or does the ship have any transportation that could be purchased?

I would suggest you get together with some people on your roll call and do this transfer together. We used limoinrome.com http://www.limoinrome.com/services.php?service=transfers

Our driver was waiting for us when we got off the ship, loaded all the luggage in the van, and we were off. Great service and great price.

This will be much less expensive than the ship's transfers. You will also not have to wait for a full busload of people.

Take the train--about 8-10 euros each.

The train station is a pretty long walk from the ship, especially when you are carrying or rolling luggage. You can purchase transfers from Azamara or get a group together and book your own vehicle as suggested above.

Hi Patiolaterns,

When I responded to your question originally, I didn't really notice your docking date. Turns out we're on the same cruise. And when I book our air, I'll be contacting limoinrome to take us to the airport. I usually put together a group on our roll calls to do the transfers so the price is reasonable (200 euros for eight people).

So why don't you join the roll call and get to know the people you'll be cruising with. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1013406

The roll call is now only 7 pages but will become more active as we get closer to the sail date.

tgg

Hi TGG - just starting to get acquainted with cruise critic as this is our first cruise.

And, Yes - we would be interested in sharing a limo on Oct.2 to the airport. Will check out the roll call and get signed up so that we can talk more - thanks for the tips - Your neigbours to the North......................

Archived