Smuggling Booze No More?

sailor44

[quote name='chato']We are taking our 3rd cruise this March, we have taken couple bottles
of spirits in our luggage on each of our last 2 cruises. We are considering
getting rum-runners on our next one, can anyone suggest any place where these containers can be bought.

Thank you![/quote]

You might want to wait to buy your rum-runners until we hear back from folks cruising on or after January 30th.

[quote name='lnew1gd1']Host Mach, I received this directly from Carnival yesterday. Hope this info helps in this discussion about not locking luggage.

[B]SECURITY SCREENING AND PROHIBITED ITEMS POLICY[/B]

In order to maintain a safe and secure environment, Carnival prohibits certain items onboard, i.e., weapons, candles, irons, alcohol, or other dangerous goods. According to our policy, Carnival conducts security scanning of all luggage and if prohibited items are found, they will be removed and stored for safekeeping until the end of the voyage. Retained item(s) will be delivered to the guest’s stateroom on the last night of their cruise. Unsealed liquids that are prohibited will be discarded, as well as any unclaimed items left after the voyage, and no compensation will be given in either case.

[SIZE=4][B]IMPORTANT[/B] - All luggage must be unlocked before being turned over to the porters in order to avoid any inconvenience or delay in delivering the luggage to the guest’s stateroom.
[/SIZE]
For additional information, please refer to the terms and conditions located in our cruise ticket contract and related FAQs on Carnival.com.

This policy will now be [SIZE=3][B]strictly enforced effective with January 30th sailings of all of our Miami ships, with the rest of the fleet to follow shortly thereafter. [/B][/SIZE]We kindly request your assistance in making sure your clients are aware of this policy so they can be properly prepared once they arrive at the port for their cruise departure.[/quote]

[quote name='TNCruzer']I agree-Let`s talk about chair hogs:D

Sides, CCL knows that if you have a nip or two before dinner, chances are good you`ll have a couple more with or after dinner.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that, without booze, everybody else is a lot less interesting.

I am going on SB in March and me and my friends will probably be targeted. We are broke college students and after paying for the cruise will not be able to afford a bunch of drinks on board. Hopefully we get some people returning and can give some insight because it would be a HUGE disappointment if we can't drink.

[quote name='chato']We are taking our 3rd cruise this March, we have taken couple bottles
of spirits in our luggage on each of our last 2 cruises. We are considering
getting rum-runners on our next one, can anyone suggest any place where these containers can be bought.

Thank you![/quote]

You may also want to check any fairly well stocked liquor stores in your area. I have seen them at one here in town.

[quote name='All4fun&fun4all']I am confirming with my pvp now. This was 2007 when we last cruised. If this information is outdated...my apologies. I will let you guys know when I find out.[/quote]

I just heard from my PVP on the matter of ordering liquor through room service and this is what he said:

"It is my understanding that depending on the ship you can order alcohol through room service. Just ask when you get onboard" :)

So, there it is. :rolleyes: It must be ship specific. Just ring up room service and give it a try. Hopefully Fantasy does this. We only tried it on Triumph. :o

Here again though, it is at a premium price (seems to be parallel with the Bon Voyage prices) but you pay for that convenience. I am cool with that. :cool:

[quote name='chato'] We are considering
getting [COLOR=DarkRed]rum-runners[/COLOR] on our next one, can anyone suggest any place where these containers can be bought.[/quote]
[SIZE=3][FONT=Comic Sans MS]For online sources, try Google. Two words, not hyphenated.

[/FONT][/SIZE] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]If life is a waste of time,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]and time is a waste of life,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed]then let’s all get wasted together
and have the time of our lives! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkRed][FONT=Cambria]
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We just got back from the Fredom last week and took 2 bottles of wine each and 2 mouthwash bottles of rum with no problems whatever......... A lot of folks we spoke with just brought on bottles of liquor and had no problems either.......... Crystal light fruit punch, 2 shots of Bacardi lots of ice and a seat on the Lido deck.......... mmmmmmmmm ready for more:D

Archived