Paradise is just arriving now (2:50 p.m)!!! Why

Hobie

The Carnival Paradise is just now (2:50 p.m.) arriving in Long Beach port. She usually arrives at about 6:00 a.m. and leaves at about 5:00 p.m.

Does anybody know why she is delayed today?

Because of the storms they went to Cabo instead of the regular 2 stops!

I work in Long Beach on the 12th floor with a view of the Harbor and I watched the Paradise coming in. It is docked now. Going to Cabo instead made for a much better cruise. However, the ocean must have been very rough on the way back to Long Beach. I can see the waves breaking high over the breakwater.

We leave on her in less than a month! I wonder how the weather will be then? Oh well we are leaving a snow covered Canada so I assume anything with no snow is better. Oh CABO would be so nice to visit lol!

I noticed on the web cam that she was still docked at 11:30 last night :eek: Not sure what time she finally sailed.

My friend had to get back on by 8:00pm to go to work at 9:00, not for boat drill.

I heard it was extremely rough coming back from Cabo. The dining room was half empty on Thurs night and hardly a sole out of their cabin at 11:00pm. Spray from the waves was coming up over the bow. I would not have wanted to be on that ship...Cabo or not.

I'll get a report how things went on this cruise tomorrow.

We leave on her in less than a month! I wonder how the weather will be then? Oh well we are leaving a snow covered Canada so I assume anything with no snow is better. Oh CABO would be so nice to visit lol!

It's the start of our rainy season and an El Nino season to boot. If it is stormy (even stormy a day or two before) go to La Bufadora. It will be amazing!

The Spirit was passing Cabo on Wednesday and I took some shots of both the Elation & Paradise anchored. I was just leaving the "Behind the Fun" tour so I did not get a better shot.

The seas were VERY rocky (worst I have been in, and I have been through a hurricane before) - 30+ foot swells (many were as high if not higher than the atlantic deck promenade) for Wednesday night, Thursday and Thursday night - even some lightning. I will post a review later with some photos and videos from my trip.

cabo.jpg.1eb4156899da180abe4015f5b20e98e1.jpg

I was on that trip on the Paradise which docked on Friday, Jan. 22nd. Horrific seas both coming and going. Cabo was lovely with perfect weather but the rest of the trip was exhausting, scary, sickening, insert your own adjective. People were sick in the halls. You could feel the ship slam down everytime it went into a trough between swells. We didn't dock until after 3 p.m. My group carried our own luggage off to speed things along and we still didn't set foot on the dock until after 6 p.m. I felt terrible for not only the housekeeping staff who had to turn the ship around with so little time but also for the people booked to go out who couldn't get on the ship until much later. No one can control the weather, but I sure wish that we could. Now, I'm home but my house is rocking as much as the ship was. :rolleyes:

Archived