Booking Specialty Restaurants in Advance?

Huddler

We have cruised several lines in the past but our first X cruise is on the Solstice April 4th. We are bringing our 2 kids, DD 8 and DS 6, who have cruised before along with us. I want to book Tuscan Grill and Murano for the wife and I but understand the kids are too young. So, should I go ahead make my reservations for them NOW for sea days so they can eat with the Kids club? Or is it fairly easy to get a reservation once you board the ship? Our HAL Eurodam cruise had very limited availability over New Years and we had to eat very late at one of them. The kids club dinner party says from 5-7, but we wont be done with dinner until probably 8:30. Can the kids stay at the kids club until later? Can they also be taken to dinner on non-sea days? Do they give you a pager so they can contact you if there is a problem with the kids? Do reservations ever get lost or not make it to the restaurant when you make them in advance? I am not sure how to proceed. Thanks for in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Jeff

Can the kids stay at the kids club until later? Can they also be taken to dinner on non-sea days?

Jeff

Kids Club, "Fun Factory" is free at night until 10:00PM. They are open until 1:00 AM. The charge is $6.00 an hour after 10:00 PM. When the ship is at port, there is a charge at lunch from noon to 2:00 PM and/or 5:00PM until 7:00PM. The per hour rates are $6.00 an hour.

If you wait to make reservations until you board, be prepared to eat at 6 or 8:30 or later. We did the 10-night on Equinox and we waited and that's what we had to accept to eat at either Tuscan Grille or Silk Harvest.

My advice is to make your reservations now with a mind towards dates other other than the two formal nights. On those nights the MDR/Blu have upgraded menus so you'll want to enjoy those.

Just a question about making the reservations online. Do they require prepayment by credit card or do you pay when you get onboard and actually have the dinner?

They want you to pay with a cc now which is fine. What nights are the formal nights on a 7 day Carribean cruise on Solstice? I dont want to miss formal nights in the MDR. Thanks!

Jeff

Second and sixth nights are the formal ones. First formal night is nicer imho.

Virginia

Thanks for all of your help everyone! I went ahead and booked Tuscan and Murano. I chose not to book the Asian place but may try to book it one night while onboard! Now time to start looking at excursions! I am very excited about sailing on Solstice in April! Thanks again!

Archived