Laundry?

ntengwall

I did a search about laundry but mostly found info on dry cleaning and pressing things. I have 3 boys ages 7, 11 and 13 and can't imagine how many clothes I would have to pack for them for a 9 day cruise without having laundry done.

So what if, midway through the cruise, I wanted to send some shorts. tee shirts and undies and stuff to get laundered? What would the approximate cost be? Thanks!

I did a search about laundry but mostly found info on dry cleaning and pressing things. I have 3 boys ages 7, 11 and 13 and can't imagine how many clothes I would have to pack for them for a 9 day cruise without having laundry done.

So what if, midway through the cruise, I wanted to send some shorts. tee shirts and undies and stuff to get laundered? What would the approximate cost be? Thanks!

I know on a seven night sailing they have a special during the sailing where they have a $20 laundry bag...it's basically a paper bag and they will wash whatever you can fit in it for $20....it's great for undergarments...not so great for t-shirts as the stuff comes back pretty wrinkled.

I know on a seven night sailing they have a special during the sailing where they have a $20 laundry bag...it's basically a paper bag and they will wash whatever you can fit in it for $20....it's great for undergarments...not so great for t-shirts as the stuff comes back pretty wrinkled.

Not quite. The charge is $25, and as stated above, items are limited ... not "whatever you can fit ...." Should they find some things in the bag that are not included, you'll be charged the going rate for those items. They may have two "specials," given that it's a longer cruise. But irrespective of how much you can cram into the bag (it's not all that large) figure you'll be paying $25 for a medium-sized white load ... and yes, the t-shirts come back looking like you slept in them.

Not quite. The charge is $25, and as stated above, items are limited ... not "whatever you can fit ...." Should they find some things in the bag that are not included, you'll be charged the going rate for those items. They may have two "specials," given that it's a longer cruise. But irrespective of how much you can cram into the bag (it's not all that large) figure you'll be paying $25 for a medium-sized white load ... and yes, the t-shirts come back looking like you slept in them.

That was our experience when we did our b2b on Splendour in 2008 and the price was only $20.

On our b2b on Radiance last April/May, we used it twice and were pleasantly surprised at how nicely the t-shirts were folded.

I think it depends on the ship and the laundry crew.

Last April on Indy it was $20(maybe they have since raised the price) and yes they would wash anything could squeeze into it....believe me there were some items I wish I didn't squeeze into it as they were so wrinkled when I got them back they weren't wearable anyway:rolleyes: btu I am telling you I had that bag bulging with stuff:eek:

On oasis I sent stuff to get laundered...just socks and underwear....it was cheap....something like $1-2 per item.

We used the bag twice on Rhapsody and everything came back very neatly folded.

It may well depend on the ship, but on Jewel everytime we have used it our t-shirts and other items all came back clean and very neatly folded, no wrinkles. In fact they usually looked better than they did when we first got onboard and unpacked everything. :)

Archived