To The Tapas Owners at Majahual

juanacruz

We will be on the Grand Princess and visiting Costa Maya in March and we want to go to the fishing village of Majahual. I have heard great things about Tapas. I would like to sit on the beach under some shade and watch my kids play on the beach. Do you have covered tables (in the shade) on the beach where we can have some drinks and food while the kids play on the beach? Is it hard to get a table on the beach?

Thanks. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Hi, I was wondering if Tapas in costa maya serves cerviche? do they have a website with a menu?

We just got back from Tapas....GREAT ceviche! We have the mix, shrimp, fish, and calamari........soooo yummy. This was our favorite stop. Make sure you get a massage from Augustine (male)!!!

We also had guacamole, fish fingers for our daughter, and loads of yummy drinks! DH sat at a table in the shade, DD and I played in the water and sat on beach chairs. We brought some sand toys. The bathroom is okay (I stood up, I'm female). If your kids are small they could just change on the beach. It felt very safe, I ventured into a small market for chips and ice cream to share with a little girl who's parents were the masseurs.

Hola Carola y Fabio,

I believe we will be in Costa Maya on Feb. 24th, as I think the Rhapsody of the Seas will not be going to Grand Cayman. From what we have read, we are SOOO excited to spend the day with you! We can't stop thinking about the shrimp and lobster, and are so looking forward to meeting you! We are from New Jersey, and have 2 teens, 14 and 16. What time do you open? We will be there bright and early!

Fran and Scott:D

Just back from Costa Maya. We also enjoyed the mixed ceviche from Tapas at a table on the beach. I second the vote for the guacamole -- it was great! Nachos not good there though -- like movie theatre nachos where you have to dunk the chip in some sort of processed melted cheese substance.

We had a little trouble finding Tapas -- it is on the opposite side of the road from the beach -- they come to the beach and wait on you at tables there. Had a great time and I am jealous of all of you getting to go there soon!

Nachos not good there though -- like movie theatre nachos where you have to dunk the chip in some sort of processed melted cheese substance.

Hee hee, that is how I like nachos! The nachos we kept getting on our trip had the fresh salsa which is, I suppose, the authentic kind that everybody wants. I like the kind of mushy stuff that comes in a jar for my chips--or the hot melted cheesy stuff!!

Julie

Okay, like sushi. I like sushi. Learn something new every day.

IMO, totally different than sushi. It's like a seafood salad, the "dressing" is the lime juice & garlic.

Definitely try it, it's great and inexpensive at Tapas. Get the combo for an adventure.

Boy, I wish I were there right now! :)

Hiya Friends:

Ceviche is nothing like sushi -(I teach many sushi classes) - Ceviche is raw fish when it starts out, but the acids in the Lime Juice, garlic, and sometimes tomato's cook the fish - it's wonderful, not everyone cares for it - but it's a definate must try - my motto is - try everything twice. lol:)

Tapas sounds great.....we just booked this cruise yesterday so I am in a big hurry up to find out what choices we have at our ports. Is there a web address for Tapas? What is the best way to get there from the dock? How far is it from the dock? Hoping those who have been there can give me a little more info...also what is this about massages? sounds too good to be true...ceviche and massages, two of my favs. Hoping to hear back from someone. Sissy

Archived