Hot Blooded.

savannahgirl1

I am a person that runs HOT all the time, hormones I guess. :rolleyes: Anyway can you bring a small desk top fan on board? I use one at home all the time. I know they frown on some electric things so I was wondering if fans fell into that category. Me and my hormones thank you. :D

I am a person that runs HOT all the time, hormones I guess. :rolleyes: Anyway can you bring a small desk top fan on board? I use one at home all the time. I know they frown on some electric things so I was wondering if fans fell into that category. Me and my hormones thank you. :D
I don't know for sure, but I doubt they'd object. Take it and ask ... what do you have to lose?

Also, they have some fans on board that are used to dry carpeting after flooding incidents ... maybe they'd let you have one of them for the duration.

You and I are in the same boat -- no pun intended. On the past two cruises I've been on I have taken a small fan and nothing was ever said. I say, go for it. My husband and I are cruising again 3/20 and, trust me, my fan will be in my luggage. I don't travel without it. I think you should be fine.:p

If you call HAL in advance of cruise and request a fan one will be delivered to your stateroom. Our friends had one on the 12-5 Veendam cruise.

I always bring a fan+ionizer, and request a power strip. Never occurred to me to get permission :o first.

I endorse the other suggestions here, like HAL provided fans, and A/C conserving methods.

I make a point of telling my cabin steward(s) to leave the temp controls at coldest, and to please close the curtains again if they need to open them to see to clean.

If my cabin isn't 68 F/20 C, I get fretful. :rolleyes:

If you call HAL in advance of cruise and request a fan one will be delivered to your stateroom. Our friends had one on the 12-5 Veendam cruise.

This is a request that CAN be accommodated, but keep in mind there are a VERY limited number onboard.

If you have one that wouldn't prevent you from packing what you otherwise need for your cruise, you may want to bring your own instead.

I would bring my own -- by sadly we have to fly to all embarkation ports.

And we do turn it off during the day time.

I even have to use a fan at night at home -- even when the temperatures may be 0 degrees outside.

Yeah, I don't run one during the day but at night I have to have it. When we dipped to below zero around here, it was still on. Luckily I have a very loving, understanding husband. :p

Archived