In room TV and Movies

bonni99

Quick question- we are due to cruise on the Journey on March 20th- our first time with Azamara- can someone elaborate a little about the TV channels available in the room and the in room movies- we love watching a film in the afternoon and wondered what sort of channles were available. Some cruise lines seem to excel in this area- whereas we always felt Cunard were a little lacking in this area!

Quick question- we are due to cruise on the Journey on March 20th- our first time with Azamara- can someone elaborate a little about the TV channels available in the room and the in room movies- we love watching a film in the afternoon and wondered what sort of channles were available. Some cruise lines seem to excel in this area- whereas we always felt Cunard were a little lacking in this area!

Hi Bonni !

I haven't sailed on Azamara in a while, but as with most Cruise lines, the onboard TV is very disappointing. The reality is, most folks are not interested in TV while on a Cruise. When I was on Azamara, there were a few channels, and I believe 1 channel that had movies that were about a year old. I believe they also had some pay per view channels. Hopefully, someone else can confirm this.

I certainly understand that most do not bother with TV while on a Cruise, but some of us must stay in touch with the world. For me, a vacation means I still have to work. I truly wish that Azamara, and most other lines could upgrade the TV (especially news and finance) to at least an acceptable standard.

my husband and I were on the Journey in April '09 and enjoyed the on-demand (pay per view) video system very much. There was a large selection of recent movies similar to what you would find in any fine hotel. There were quite a few that we had missed in the theaters that we caught up on. The selection could be made with the menu on the remote, the movies could be paused, saved and viewed later on. The other (free) channels were similar to other ships we had been on with webcams, music, port info, shore excursions... There was also a selection of tv series (sitcoms & co). Enjoy!

my husband and I were on the Journey in April '09 and enjoyed the on-demand (pay per view) video system very much. There was a large selection of recent movies similar to what you would find in any fine hotel. There were quite a few that we had missed in the theaters that we caught up on. The selection could be made with the menu on the remote, the movies could be paused, saved and viewed later on. The other (free) channels were similar to other ships we had been on with webcams, music, port info, shore excursions... There was also a selection of tv series (sitcoms & co). Enjoy!

On our recent sailing there were 12 or 13 movies on per day on Channel 25. Some of the titles were Valkyrie, Mamma Mia, The Dark Knight, Slumdog Millionaire, Gran Torino etc. Certainly not latest releases so if you are a movie buff and have seen them all, then there may not be anything of interest, but DH caught up on a couple that he hadn't seen. I don't usually bother when cruising so didn't check the pay movies.

Channel 16 has some documentaries and some of these were really interesting.

Channel 15 has TV series and then there is the usual CNN and ESPN. There is also an Australian TV channel but this mostly seemed to be showing US talk shows or dated shows from Aus.

Hope this helps.

Archived