How Much for Airfare?

mt_goodrich

Just returned from the Grand to the Western Carribean (Belize City, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Cozumel). Had a great time over all and will sail Princess again.

We live in Texas, so crusing out of Galveston was an easy drive. However, I would like to see about an Eastern Carribean cruise. We would need to fly to Fort Lauderdale or San Juan.

How much would airfare usually be? I know prices fluctuate, but just curious how much it would add to the total price of the cruise.

Thanks!!

Just returned from the Grand to the Western Carribean (Belize City, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman and Cozumel). Had a great time over all and will sail Princess again.

We live in Texas, so crusing out of Galveston was an easy drive. However, I would like to see about an Eastern Carribean cruise. We would need to fly to Fort Lauderdale or San Juan.

How much would airfare usually be? I know prices fluctuate, but just curious how much it would add to the total price of the cruise.

Thanks!!

Good question and one you can easily find the answer for from a number of sources.

In most all cases I have heard of it is substantially less expensive to book your own air, not all that hard to do and you get to pick the flight times not the cruise line.

I usually start with one of the online booking places like orbitz.com or travelocity.com when planning our airfare. Actually, I'll look at ALL the airlines that will take me from our hometown close to Kansas City to Fort Lauderdale.

Right here is a good source of information on booking your own air by checking the Cruise Critic board dedicated to airline reservations. Also, here's more on the Flight Reservations Looking for fun right now I see about $200 or so per person as a reasonable number to use for budget purposes.

Archived