Scuba, Snuba & Snorkeling

TMJJS

We are going on the Carnival Valor in July to Grand Caymen, Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. My wife, 14 year old son and I are Scuba certified, but my soon to be 9 year old son is not. However, the 9 year old loves snorkeling. We want to split this up several ways.

One is to do snorkeling and scuba together. We are thinking about doing a beach in Grand Caymen and then splitting time with one of us scuba with 14 and one snorkel with 9, then switch. I haven't been able to find an excursion doing this, so this is looking like the best option I think.

Two is to fully split up with my wife going with the 9 year old horseback riding, while the 14 year old and I go scuba diving. Not sure which island this will work at best.

Three is to go snorkeling all together. Any suggestions on where to snorkel versus the other options?

Four is go to snuba. We think this would be a good compromise. Has any diver done snuba after being certified - how was it? Any suggestions on operators on the islands above?

Thanks in advance for all replies and let me know if there is any other option I should be considering.

Thanks!

Trying to figure out similar situation. My husband dives. No personal experience with any of the following but they are all on cc boards.

Cozumel - Playa Uvas - They have dives and snorkeling. Eagle Ray Divers will combine divers and snorkelers. Grand Cayman - Eden Rock Dive - shore dives at Eden's rock and Devil's Grotto. Snorkeling is free. They also have discover scuba. I haven't found any in Belize that combine.

Trying to figure out similar situation. My husband dives. No personal experience with any of the following but they are all on cc boards.

Cozumel - Playa Uvas - They have dives and snorkeling. Eagle Ray Divers will combine divers and snorkelers. Grand Cayman - Eden Rock Dive - shore dives at Eden's rock and Devil's Grotto. Snorkeling is free. They also have discover scuba. I haven't found any in Belize that combine.

Thanks! I have been searching here on CC, but going through hundrends of threads to find my exact question hasn't been as easy for me :(

Archived