New Cruisers to Seabourn

CruiserPK

I have booked my elderly parents, aunt and uncle on a Seabourn Caribbean cruise. Can you tell me if I need to make dining reservations for them ahead of time? They are sailing on the Seabourn Legend on March 8th. Also, any advice for packing etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pam

I have booked my elderly parents, aunt and uncle on a Seabourn Caribbean cruise. Can you tell me if I need to make dining reservations for them ahead of time? They are sailing on the Seabourn Legend on March 8th. Also, any advice for packing etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers, Pam

Dining is at any time you wish and with whom you wish. I think you will find Caribbean cruises are mainly more relaxed than other cruises and are not too formal but it will be explained in your pre cruise package.

What great news! Your parents will loveeee Seabourn! My Mother and I started sailing on the Pride when she was 89 years young ~~she was on a walker (she referred to it as her horse ~Old Silver) and had no problem maneuvering all about the ship! She was a master in recalling most of the Crew's names ~~and their home countries. We sailed Seabourn several times a year until she was 95 ~~ we made many wonderful, meaningful memories.

Congratulations ! You are dear, sweet children to honor your parents in such a special way ~~~:p

Martita B.

The restaurant '2' is the only one where one needs a reservation, but that is done onboard. (It's not the scene as it is on the Odyssey). Do encourage them to join a hosted table as a way to meet people. If they are not invited, they should speak to the Purser who will alert the Dining Room. It's great fun.'

As far as packing, there should be no formal nights, just 'elegant casual. Mix and Match is the way to go. And no one notices repeats. Not sure where your family is located, but I can recommend the Seabourn Valet Service. (Cal Anita Mann in Miami.) If they are starting in FLL and staying overnight, you could Fed-Ex the suitcases to the hotel.

If they have some mobility issues, you might inquire about the suites with the walk-in shower. It's much easier than climbing into the tub, which has higher sides than in the US. They're classified as 'handicapped' but the shower is the only adaptation. They are also closer to the main elevators.

I know they will enjoy their cruise.

Women notice everything about another woman.My wife can tell at a hundred paces if a woman has worn something on a previous evening.Not to mention some women, that only use one or two bathing costumes on a voyage. :eek:

:DAgain, another reason to give to "My Captain" for a shopping spree before our cruise in March.

Shirley

Shirley,

You mean I actually need a REASON to go shopping? Sailor Boy is quite smug about the fact that since we booked this cruise only a month in advance that I wasn't able to to do too much precruise damage. Little does he know --- I do quite well under pressure thank you very much!Of course today as I do my final packing I am having to make some tough choices -- when in doubt I'll just leave something of his out!:eek:

Shirley,

You mean I actually need a REASON to go shopping? Sailor Boy is quite smug about the fact that since we booked this cruise only a month in advance that I wasn't able to to do too much precruise damage. Little does he know --- I do quite well under pressure thank you very much!Of course today as I do my final packing I am having to make some tough choices -- when in doubt I'll just leave something of his out!:eek:

Good thinking--Lola agrees !00% Have a great cruise!!!Don

Shirley,

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Enjoy every minute of your cruise.

Shirley

Archived