RCCL BRILLANCE or RUBY PRINCESS for Med sailings?

Hi, I have never sailed with Princess or Royal. I have always sailed with Celebrity.

we want to cruise in May to the Med. Both are 12 day cruises.

Both have very good itineraries .

If you had to choose...

We are in our mid 50's. Both seem to have good roll calls. My only plus and I dont know how much that would be... is I have 12 sailings with celebrity that can be transferred to their "perks" club.

We enjoy evening entertainment, love a quiet pool area.

Any suggestions would REALLY help.

Thank you,

Nadine

Just did the Brilliance in Oct and it was wonderful, great itinerary (we did Venice over night) great crew and we LOVE the wonderful adults only solarium pool. Heavenly. The ship is the perfect size for us and all the glass is wonderful. I have pictures of the Brilliance in my signature. They are from the Panama sailing but you get to ship lots of the ship.

Was on the Brilliance on a B2B over Christmas and New Year. She is our favourite ship, but there were a few problems this time - one mainly caused by an arrogant passenger, I have to say.

However, the only port where we had nice weather was Alexandria and for those who stayed on board looking forward to breakfast/lunch on the aft deck behind the WJ, a shock was in store. It was closed off during breakfast by the metal doors, in order to provide the staff with a barbecue. The deck above by the Seaview was also closed off for staff use. The Main Dining Room was closed as well - on the Christmas cruise especially, many passengers stayed on board and lunch was a total letdown:eek:

After 'words' I did manage to convince the manager to open one side of the 'inside/outside' area - but not the port side nor the aft deck. Eating on the aft deck of the Radiance class, is one of the attractions for us.

There were some angry passengers, including us:eek:. Played right into the hands of the gentleman at our table, who was very critical of RCCL even before that.

But we had a good time as usual and made some very good friends who we will be cruising with in the future.

Archived