Poesia:honest comments and suggestions for future travelers

IrishRoots

Just look nice and go to the dining room, but don't get the Lobster (unless you like freezer burned over-cooked lobster masked in garlic butter) . You do not have to get all formal for this. Enjoy your vacation.

That's the best arguement I've heard about not worrying too much about formal night. The lobster didn't do anything special for the night, why should we?:p

We were on the Jan 16th cruise of the Poesia. Thought that the food in dining room, cruise ship average or above, except for a couple of items. Ate in the cafeteria three times, 2 lunch 1 breakfast. Because of comments by cruisers on CC that we had read before we left, made an attempt to check food in cafeteria when I went to get my soft serve cone every day. Many items the same every day but some changes each day and enough variety that you could have a different meal each day if you chose. Carving station had a different meat each day. Quality of food was steam table average or above, again with a couple of exceptions. No one should have trouble finding something to eat. We noticed that the food was not the same in both serving lines for lunch or breakfast. The food in the dining room was hot or cold as it was supposed to be,the soups were thick, tasty , large and hot. Some of the best tasting desserts I ever had on board ship, but not the Danish. Entree portions were on the small side but with salads and soups larger than most, we never left the table hungry. Realize this is all subjective but would not let the food on this ship be a factor in wether or not I would sail on Msc In the Carib. imho. Bill

Can anyone tell me how long debarkation usually takes? What is the average time people get off the ship?

Thanks so much!

I'll let someone else answer your actual question. Just want to give a little advice on debarkation; don't be in a hurry to leave the ship unless you're in a hurry to get somewhere else.

I'll let someone else answer your actual question. Just want to give a little advice on debarkation; don't be in a hurry to leave the ship unless you're in a hurry to get somewhere else.

Jetboy, I have to agree with you. Sorry I didn't get to meet you or any of the roll call members. I share your sentiments. After reading so many negative reviews, I'm just so happy that I didn't listen to any of them. I really enjoyed the ship and everything about it except of course for the lobster and filet at the second gala. I was sorry to have to disembark and I hope I'll be able to sail on the Poesia again.

Jetboy, I have to agree with you. Sorry I didn't get to meet you or any of the roll call members. I share your sentiments. After reading so many negative reviews, I'm just so happy that I didn't listen to any of them. I really enjoyed the ship and everything about it except of course for the lobster and filet at the second gala. I was sorry to have to disembark and I hope I'll be able to sail on the Poesia again.

To add to it, you don't actually have to leave the ship when they call your color tag. We had a leisurely breakfast in the dining room and relaxed on the pool deck for a while before departing.

And my wife is ready to go again any day now.

Could anyone advise what MSC policy is regarding reducing booked fares when fare reductions come up prior to final payment date?

I can only speak from the policies in the UK. Whatever the price is when I make the reservation, that is the same price I have to pay when I pay the balance. Makes no difference what the current pricing for the cruise is, if there is any availability still left. they may well operate a different policy in the US.

Jetboy, you got to try a relaxing 10 night cruise...it was so wonderful on MSC Poesia that we are doing another Nov 1-11, 2010. Great itinerary on a great ship. We cannot wait. Trying to get some people to join us so we can reduce our excursion fees...the more you book into a tour (private ones) the more $ off they give ...so i have some nice ideas if anyone wants to get together for these so we all can save some money. Pls just contact me...

First of all these posts are sometimes confusing because MSC in Europe is very different to MSC in the USA. In Europe the Buffet doesn't open at all in the evenings.

Regarding dressing for formal nights - even on NCL which is very casual, we didn't see Hawain shirts in the MDR at dinner time. A normal shirt or polo shirt doesn't take up much room.

hat776, well maybe the Hawaiin shirts weigh less than normal shirts :D

First of all these posts are sometimes confusing because MSC in Europe is very different to MSC in the USA. In Europe the Buffet doesn't open at all in the evenings.

Regarding dressing for formal nights - even on NCL which is very casual, we didn't see Hawain shirts in the MDR at dinner time. A normal shirt or polo shirt doesn't take up much room.

Archived