Can you leave the ship after embarkation?

bottledweller

Interesting question.

Once aboard I don't know if they would let you debark. Would one have to go thru the LINES again?

I have a suggestion. Get him a pocket TV.

I could see it now. Two minutes to go and the ships horn is blowing. And the announcement being made "Will the guy watching football please report to the pursers desk"

it makes sense to be able to take your television with you.

from

http://www.cyberwalker.net/gizmos/casio-portable-tv.shtml

Casio EV-570 2.5 in. Handheld Television

from

http://www.surprise.com/work/military/portable_television.cfm

We are going on the Star next week and I'm so afraid that the NFL play-off games wont be televised. Does anyone know if it is allowed to get off the ship in FLL after embarkation? I think my DH will have heart failure if he can't watch it.
Yes you can leave the ship. Many times they do have the games on TV or a lounge depending on the reception.

We were on the Grand last year for the Sunday of the AFC and NFC championship games, and they were televised in the sports bar and also on the cabin TVs. It was departure day, too , and the telecasts were on as soon as they started, before sailaway. I wouldn't worry about missing the games, but you should probably plan to get to the bar early since there will probably be a BIG crowd. It was a lot of fun. Actually, we're in the same boat (pardon the pun --- I couldn't resist!). Our Patriots will also be playing next Sunday, but we'll be sailing on the Diamond out of LA. Go Pats!!!!!

Good question,

We will be leaving san Juan at 11pm. Wife would like to get off at 5 to meet her father to help him board.

You can certainly get off after you board the ship. We went to a liquor store in FLL after we boarded in late Dec. Carried 2 cases of wine/liquor on, plus 3 12packs of beer and 2 cases of cke....and other stuff. No prob with security, and as long as you get back before the ship sails you won't have a problem!!...)))))

Archived