For Kruzseeka Villa Ephrussi Villefranche

Hi Kruzseeka,

In Perthorchid's thread on the Dream you kindly offered info on getting to the villa.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1114955

I was looking at the Villa's website and it looks beautiful and a good alternative to the usual trips out from here.

On Google Maps it looks quite a long haul around the bay and up to the villa on foot.

Any hints about getting there and back without wasting too much time please?

Thanks in advance,

Berwyn

Hi Kruzseeka,

In Perthorchid's thread on the Dream you kindly offered info on getting to the villa.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1114955

I was looking at the Villa's website and it looks beautiful and a good alternative to the usual trips out from here.

On Google Maps it looks quite a long haul around the bay and up to the villa on foot.

Any hints about getting there and back without wasting too much time please?

Thanks in advance,

Berwyn

Hi Berwyn,

It's a doable walk if you're ok with walking - but there is an uphill 'pull' as you leave Villefranche. I would say it took us about 40 minutes to get from the tender drop-off to the Villa, taking it fairly steadily and being nosy along the way! :D.

You turn right from the dock, around the beach and up the steps at the far end of the beach. Then bear right again until you meet the main Cap Ferrat road, turn right again and follow the road until you see the signs for the Villa on your left. It's quite a reassuring expedition as you can see the ship almost all the way - so know you're not lost and can see where you need to go to get back!

Apparently there is a bus service which will take you onto the peninsular - I can't remember the number and I'm not sure how frequent it is - but there was a good tourist information office at the tender dock so you can get info there. If you find the timings of the bus, you could perhaps plan your day around a convenient one. Walking back downhill into town seemed quite an easy walk. Alternatively, I wouldn't have thought a taxi would be too expensive - it's really not far.

The little noddy train didn't go up onto the Cap - it went over to the next-door village so that's not a help to get to the Villa.

We made our way to the Villa as soon as we got there, then walked back, had a drink on the waterfront, explored the back-streets of Villefranche, waited for a while to get the noddy train to Beauville(?) which was an hour's trip and still had plenty of time to get the tender back to the ship so you can see that our Villa excursion didn't take up all of our day - by any means and we did walk both ways. If that was your main focus for the day, you'd not have a problem fitting it in and would have time to relax around Villefranche too.

If you decide to do the Villa I hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Have a great time :)

Thank you for that, it looks O.K. We've no walking problems so it should be fine. (As long as it's not a dull wet April like last time).

I think DW thinks I'd only want to go to Monaco so i can walk her around the grand prix circuit :eek:. I did that one many years ago.

Berwyn

Archived