St. Lucia with toddlers?

ehough

I've been scouring the boards but can't seem to find any suggestions for what to do in St. Lucia with toddlers. Our kids will be 2.5 and almost 1 when we cruise (so leaving them in Camp Carnival wouldn't be an option).

I know everyone raves about Cosol, Spencer Ambrose, etc etc for island tours, but I worry that 6 hours in a van is just too much for them. It might work if the stops are interesting enough, but if it doesn't, I don't want to subject other tourists to the wrath of my kids!

Carnival offers an excursion to the rainforest aerial tram, which I think would be neat, but at $100 a person, I'm just not sure!

Of course, there's always the beach option, but we try to alternate beach days with "activity" days, and St. Lucia is lined up as an "activity" day.

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

Any suggestions? Thanks for any help!

We took a cab to Pigeon Island. There's lots to do - old forts for the kids to scramble on, lots of cool things to explore, and there's a beach too, so you can get everything. Seems to me it was about $20 for the cab ride round trip, and the entrance fee was around $5. I loved it.

Had to laugh because we had this same problem with what to do in St. Lucia last year. The ship didn't really dock conveniently close to anything and none of the tours really seemed that great of an option with our daughter. DW and I really wanted to do the Aerial Tram, but not with a 2yr old. Fortunately we had grandma along and she volunteered to stay onboard with our daughter so we could do the tram ride. The tram was great, but no way would I bring a couple of squirmy toddlers along. It's a bit of a drive to the site and the trams are very open with no restraints and do travel quite high up.

The Pigeon Island idea post above sounds very cool. Wish we would have known about that last year! Don't know that a cab would be an option though as I do seem to remember reading that car seats were required by law in St. Lucia. Don't quote me on that though;)

Archived