Pacific Sun Riveira Deck

Ripeka

Has anyone stayed on this deck? Its the bottom most passenger deck. Looking at an outside cabin in G class but wondering whether we should pay the extra $150 each and move up to Main Deck. Your thoughts appreciated....:)

We had our first cruise, to Darwin, in Cabin R166 Inside, on Riverira Deck. We were more than happy - very quiet, middle, lower decks have the least movement, so we hardly knew we were underway. Spend the extra money in the Bar!

Horrie

We have had a cabin on Riviera deck.

No problems - EXCEPT whenever you want to go just about anywhere, you have to either wait for a lift or climb stairs. We normally don't use the lifts - but as Riviera is the lowest deck, I did start to find it a bit tiresome towards the middle to end of the cruise. Bit of a pain to have to wait for the lifts all of the time - or else you have between 4 to 8 flights of stairs to negotiate to go to any public area. But, as Main deck is only one deck up - moving to there does not alleviate this much anyway.

Barry

No worries ripeka - agree fully with Horrie. We stayed in R117 which is right next to the lifts. Allan is in a wheelchair & must use lifts & didn't have a problem at all. I always use the stairs to counteract taking on extra cargo in at mealtimes LOL & you get a good workout going up to the buffet! We liked our Riviera cabin heaps better than one on Upper Deck. Midship & low down is the best place to be if you're worried about feeling the motion of the ship too much

thnx for your helpful info; one final thing - i read somewhere a person bitterly complaining of being in a passenger cabin where there were staff quarters on the same level and so a lot of noisy coming and going all hours of day and night. Does anyone know whether staff are on this level or not? I am guessing NOT if two of you commented on how quiet this level actually is... also I presume that the outside window is still above the water level? What about if seas get rough, does it wash up strongly against the side of the window (noisy?). I sound paranoid but my husband is very keen on this cruise idea and I am feeling a little more reluctant (25th wedding anniversary:) trip)

The crew don't stay on any of the passenger levels, they are on the levels beaneath. The only 'staff' that may stay onboard passenger decks might be casual youth staff or entertainers etc who would be quiet anyway.

Yes, your window is above water :eek::p WAY above the water, you've got nothing to worry about.

The water won't splash against your window at all unless you get hit by gigantic tidal like waves :p which is really really unlikely, it won't happen dont worry ;)

We were just on the Pacific Sun Riviera Deck in cabin R102. This is is the Port side and YES, some crew do walk down this corridor to get to their cabins (at the aft end of the Port side) - but it was never noisy. (At least not from the crew.) The Starboard side (odd numbered cabins) might be just a little less busy. We enjoyed being close to the water and you could see more since we were on the lower deck.

As for using the stairs or the lifts, it is over 100 stairs to the Lido deck (where the buffet is) from the Riviera deck - a good little work out! We used the stairs whenever we had time and gained less than a kilo - on a 16 night cruise!

We were just on the Pacific Sun Riviera Deck in cabin R102. This is is the Port side and YES, some crew do walk down this corridor to get to their cabins (at the aft end of the Port side) - but it was never noisy. (At least not from the crew.) The Starboard side (odd numbered cabins) might be just a little less busy. We enjoyed being close to the water and you could see more since we were on the lower deck.

Actually, OzWand, on reflection I seem to remember crew members coming & going aft of the midships elevator which our cabin was next to on the Starboard side. It seemed like there was a crew lounge or dining room down there. But they were never noisy.

Archived