Cruise Director's Listing: January - March 2010

LauraS

anyone recently come back from AOS with the new CD? How's the new CD?

Yes, we had a great time on our cruise, however, Mercedes was not so good, I found her very annoying, and after our Beatle Maniacs show, (which was so great and so much fun) she got a bit snippity with us because we all wanted an encore, generally I don't complain and don't really care that much about CD's, but she drove me batty..can't put my finger on it... But, that said, not a huge deal to me, we had a great time anyway..:D:D

Have a great cruise...

So does anyone have experience with this Graham Seymour? I thought Joff Eaton was going to be on Independence but Graham takes over on the week I will be aboard. I hope he is not one of those over the top and annoying types.

Graham was our CD on our TA on the Independence April 09. He was a blast. :D We had a really large and involved M & G with over 300 people. :eek: He was instramental in getting things done for us. He also assisted with the Various activities that our CC group had aboard ship. He did do a morning show and it was funny:). Good luck to you.

Graham was our CD on our TA on the Independence April 09. He was a blast. :D We had a really large and involved M & G with over 300 people. :eek: He was instramental in getting things done for us. He also assisted with the Various activities that our CC group had aboard ship. He did do a morning show and it was funny:). Good luck to you.

Just back from our cruise on Independence. I have nothing but good things to say about Graham Seymour. He is quite talented and a very friendly guy. So now I have two CDs on my positive list!

Yes, we had a great time on our cruise, however, Mercedes was not so good, I found her very annoying, and after our Beatle Maniacs show, (which was so great and so much fun) she got a bit snippity with us because we all wanted an encore, generally I don't complain and don't really care that much about CD's, but she drove me batty..can't put my finger on it... But, that said, not a huge deal to me, we had a great time anyway..:D:D

Have a great cruise...

I will have to second your comments on Mercedes. She was the worst cruise director I have had by far. She was not very friendly or personable and was not nice at all to her staff. I personally know other RCCL cruise staff that cannot stand working with her. She didn't distract from my cruise experience but she did annoy me at times. Some of her assistants would make better directors. The one entertaining thing was seeing what horrific dress she would wear each night. She has zero sense of style!

• 3 weeks later...
I have read some good posts about him. However, when we were on Adventure I thought he was very poor. Many on my roll call thread felt like he was the missing cruise director. Sail-a-ways were nothing to speak of at all. In fact, when in St. Maarten on Adventure, Ocean Village was docked across from us and it was THEIR sail-a-way that made ours exciting. I would be quite happy to not run into Casey again.

CKRobyn just came back from her AOS cruise and said that Casey Pelter will be the CD on my trip in 12 days! Oh joy of joys! Oh well - the CD doesn't make or break my trip - only makes it more memorable if he were good.

CKRobyn just came back from her AOS cruise and said that Casey Pelter will be the CD on my trip in 12 days! Oh joy of joys! Oh well - the CD doesn't make or break my trip - only makes it more memorable if he were good.

Well, maybe if enough poor comments were written he may have had a fire lit under him and changed his ways. It will be interesting to see what you think about him when you get back.

Re: Abe Hughes...that's an interesting comment, because he's been on the Freedom (back and forth, presumably) for QUITE a while. He was on the Freedom when Samantha Brown spent a week there and that was, I think, in '08.

I thought the cruise director on board Freedom with Samantha Brown was James Andrews?

Well, maybe if enough poor comments were written he may have had a fire lit under him and changed his ways. It will be interesting to see what you think about him when you get back.

I'll certainly fill out a questionnaire when I get back as well as let everyone else know too.

I'm not sure if there have been comments written about Mercedes LaFuente, but I have to add my 2 cents :)

I am fresh off the AOS (for 2 weeks) where Mercedes was filling in for the CD on vacation. In all of my 13 cruises, I have never seen a CD more visible or more genuinely interested in their guests. Mercedes was everywhere - not just at the functions and events she had to attend, but she was also in the Windjammer chatting with guests and making sure everyone was having a great time. The entire cruise director's staff seemed to feed off of Mercede's energy :D

Mercedes is on vacation now, but will return to the AOS to take her to Europe.

ok, i'm new to the cruise world. we've only been 1 and it was disney. This may seem silly but why is knowing the cruise director important? Tips?

I think people like to know ahead of time the type of cruise director they are going to have. For some, a cruise director can make or break a cruise. For me personally, I enjoy a CD with a great sense of humor who can add that humor to such things as the belly flop contest and of course the Quest! :p

Been a while since we have been on a RCI ship and our last Cruise Director was Leo Pappa on Splendour and he was fine.

Looks like we will have Mercedes when we are on AOS in the summer in the Med.

Karen

Yes you will :D We loved her!

Re: Abe Hughes...that's an interesting comment, because he's been on the Freedom (back and forth, presumably) for QUITE a while. He was on the Freedom when Samantha Brown spent a week there and that was, I think, in '08.

Richard Spacey was CD on Freedom when I was aboard in July 2008.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm not sure if there have been comments written about Mercedes LaFuente, but I have to add my 2 cents :)

I am fresh off the AOS (for 2 weeks) where Mercedes was filling in for the CD on vacation. In all of my 13 cruises, I have never seen a CD more visible or more genuinely interested in their guests. Mercedes was everywhere - not just at the functions and events she had to attend, but she was also in the Windjammer chatting with guests and making sure everyone was having a great time. The entire cruise director's staff seemed to feed off of Mercede's energy :D

Mercedes is on vacation now, but will return to the AOS to take her to Europe.

I will be on the AOS next week (April 25, 2010), the last 7 night sail out of San Juan before she leaves for Spain. Would you know if Mercedes will be on that week or will she be joining on May 2, 2010 (the day it sails trans-atlantic to Europe)?

Archived