Opera Children's Program

Nano

After reading a lot of your posts about MSC Cruises in general, and the Opera specifically, I'm interested in finding out more about this line. My husband and I are in our mid-40's, and both of us have lived in Europe and traveled abroad frequently. I love the idea of immersing ourselves in the European experience without having to travel across the Atlantic! I also would love to expose my children to how the rest of the world lives. However, reality being what it is, I need some reassurance that they will enjoy themselves as much as I believe my husband and I would. We've previously sailed on Disney (2003) and RCI/Mariner (2004). While we enjoyed both of these cruises, I welcome the idea of being on a smaller ship with a more diverse group of cruisers. Anyone out there who has cruised with kids who can advise me on whether we (as a family) would enjoy the MSC Opera? By the way, we're consdiering the 2/19 sailing, which is President's Week, and may attract more children than normal. Thank you!

After reading a lot of your posts about MSC Cruises in general, and the Opera specifically, I'm interested in finding out more about this line. My husband and I are in our mid-40's, and both of us have lived in Europe and traveled abroad frequently. I love the idea of immersing ourselves in the European experience without having to travel across the Atlantic! I also would love to expose my children to how the rest of the world lives. However, reality being what it is, I need some reassurance that they will enjoy themselves as much as I believe my husband and I would. We've previously sailed on Disney (2003) and RCI/Mariner (2004). While we enjoyed both of these cruises, I welcome the idea of being on a smaller ship with a more diverse group of cruisers. Anyone out there who has cruised with kids who can advise me on whether we (as a family) would enjoy the MSC Opera? By the way, we're consdiering the 2/19 sailing, which is President's Week, and may attract more children than normal. Thank you!

Dearest,

I've cruised several time in different companies (Costa and Msc for all) and both of them i think are optimized for family with children.

Expecially MSC Opera, all the staff seems to be very accrattive for childrens.They organize a lot of parties for children and ithe"Buffalo Bill" children area is very confortable and funny.

I've got 2 children and expecially my daughter, 6 years old, is apprechiating the cruise vacation . She always meets a lot of children worldwide and of course she doesn't speak English, but every time she is fully of new friends.

Of course I'm speaking about the last mediterranean season 2004. So full of italian , germany and European people in general.

In US Program i suppose should be the same ... anyway do not worry and try it!

Dear Kim,

GEnwerally the childen's room activities star since the morning 9:00 am till 12:00/12:30 , pause for launch or for short excursion. Restart in the noon generally 14:00 till 17:30, pizza and salatini brekfast and then restart after dinner since 21:00 till 11:30 or midnight.

Pls take the above hours carefully because generally all the activities are posted into the "Daily Program" distributed daily in your staterooms. All children till 10 years are welcome, under 2 must be accompained from an adult or parent during the activitiers of the Club. for extra hour MS provide a baby sitting NOT free of charge. Pls ask directly to th information desk after the embarkation.

Hope is clear

Bye

Archived