Help selecting a ship for a group!!!

ajagent

Well the time has finally come. I have a group of 18 or so and we have always sailed on a different line. We just got back from the southern caribbean and I saw a couple of Celebrity ships in port with us. They are BEAUTIFUL SHIPS.

Now to the point. I have read several posts on this board and I am hoping you guys can help me find the right ship for us.

We have a group that are all at or around 40. What is the demographic for the Celebrity ships. We tend to want a cruise that is not full of small kids splashing in the pool and running everywhere. I don't know what else to say I guess I am just looking for information on what a Celebrity cruise is like.

All help is appreciated.

Well the time has finally come. I have a group of 18 or so and we have always sailed on a different line. We just got back from the southern caribbean and I saw a couple of Celebrity ships in port with us. They are BEAUTIFUL SHIPS.

Now to the point. I have read several posts on this board and I am hoping you guys can help me find the right ship for us.

We have a group that are all at or around 40. What is the demographic for the Celebrity ships. We tend to want a cruise that is not full of small kids splashing in the pool and running everywhere. I don't know what else to say I guess I am just looking for information on what a Celebrity cruise is like.

All help is appreciated.

It sounds like one of the new Solstice class ships on Celebrity will be just what your group would love. There won't be lots of kids splashing around in the pool. If you book Christmas week or Easter week, there will be more kids than usual, but still not the amount that you'd find on RCCL or Carnival or NCL

Depending on the date you are considering, the demographics may be a little higher than the age of 40. But we've always found we fit in with Celebrity and we started cruising when we were in our 40's.

Jo-Ann

Celebrity has fewer children than Carnival. B ut, more important, avoid times when children are out of school. Also, the longer the cruise, the fewer children. We sailed the Equinox 10-day cruise on Dec 4; there were 21 children out of 2800+ passengers. There were three honeymoon couples that I know of, but the demographic was older.

All help is appreciated.

hello

We have sailed many times we are age 32 my wife and I. We have a group sail with us every March, this year we are on the Solstice with a group of 76. Last year we had 36 or so on The Summit, we have done RCCL also, we like all of these ships over Carnival and NCL. Princess is good too but Celebrity is better overall

Great Thanks...You guys gave me just what I was looking for. So let me tap into your experience again. One other thing that we found this past cruise was that the Dining room attire policy is not enforced. Does Celebrity enforce theirs. It drives me crazy to see shorts and flip flops in the dining room!!!!

Great Thanks...You guys gave me just what I was looking for. So let me tap into your experience again. One other thing that we found this past cruise was that the Dining room attire policy is not enforced. Does Celebrity enforce theirs. It drives me crazy to see shorts and flip flops in the dining room!!!!

I am not 100% sure, but I do not think that Celebrity enforces the dress code as we have never heard or seen any staff person "call" a guest on it. That said, most of the guests do seem to adhere to the dinner dress code. Even more so than what we experienced on Princess. JMHO.:)

I am taking a dive group on the Solstice in June - group perks are minimal, but we cruise more for the diving in the ports of call than for the ship or the perks. It just so happens the Solstice is hitting the ports where we want to go scuba diving, so it's working out well for us.

Based on the input I got from our TA, we should get more kids on my sail date, as it falls when school is out for the summer. But our decision to cruise with Celebrity was sealed when we learned that even in mid-June, the voyage will likely not have nearly as many kids as other cruise lines out there.

I was wondering. Since Carnival is the only line we have done, I was wondering if Celebrity offers the Karaoke, Piano bar, and other entertainment options that we are used to? What is the night life like on the Celebrity ships?

I was wondering. Since Carnival is the only line we have done, I was wondering if Celebrity offers the Karaoke, Piano bar, and other entertainment options that we are used to? What is the night life like on the Celebrity ships?

They have Karaoke, live shows and dancing music nightly on all the ships.

Archived