Post here if you miss the Carnival Holiday

Nunu

I started CCL with her, and finished on the last voyage as my Milestone cruze.. I was the last passenger to debark, and I was given not only my table number placard, but A treasured "MS Holiday" momento, from a rather new employee with the fleet. It was a surprise on the last morning, Sinced i brought tools on board to remove it, but found out it wasnt necessary, and it was locked up after every use, for safety reasons. Anyone who ever sat in the Americana lounge, saw it..I now have it ready waiting on a frame for it. It was never ever going to be used again, under the ships new name. :D..yes i miss her..will do my 2nd Fantasy Sat..did I say, I miss my boat????

We took our first-ever cruise in December 2002 on the Holiday. While the staff and service were outstanding, the ship was having issues, even then.

Due to mechanical problems, we were delayed leaving New Orleans by about 8 hours -- on a 3-day cruise, that's a significant delay! This caused shortened port times.

The weather was a little rough, and we felt EVERY bump, every roll, every bounce of the waves! The crew hung packages of "barf bags" in the elevator, if that gives you an idea.

Vibration from the engines was a constant companion in our cabin.

Six months later, we sailed on the CARNIVAL TRIUMPH, and that made the Holiday's failures even more evident. She just didn't measure up to the standards of modern cruise ships, even 8 years ago.

So I have to be contrary, and say no, I don't really miss the Holiday. I could never sail on a ship that small and old again, after experiencing newer ships.

I took my second cruise on Holiday for the Super Bowl in 2001. I and three friends (two of whom are now addicted to cruising) took a 4 day cruise to Mexico and enjoyed every minute. I didn't mind the rocking and rolling, in fact, thats one of the things I liked about it, I felt the ocean! I would cruise on her any time, but alas, I don't speak Spanish.:(

My only time on the Holiday was on her final sailing, which I did enjoy. I was on her sister ship, the Celebration, for my first 2 cruises. Although there are things I like about the bigger ships, I will definitely miss the Holiday and Celebration. It's easier to get around the ship, it doesn't get too crowded, the food is the best. And you're able to really get to know more of the people (staff and guests), because you run into them more often. Plus, I do like the look of the exterior of the ship, without all the balconies.

Loved the Holiday. We had such a wonderful cruise on her. Awesome crew, service and food. Despite her age and small size, Holiday provided an outstanding vacation experience in every way. She looks beautiful in her new incarnation and I'm sure she will be making passengers happy for many years to come.

My DW and I had our first CCL cruise on her sister the Jubilee on 9/13/2001. It was the beginning of our addiction to cruising.

Our first cruise was on the Holiday, my sister and I. We were at a dinner table of 8 women - a mother/daughter from NY, a young couple from MI, and two elderly friends from AL. How did Carnival match us up so well? We were all first-time cruisers. I remember the first night at dinner telling the waiter that I couldn't decide between two of the entrees, and he said, "Just order them both!" All the women looked at each other and we heard angels sing! My sister and I love cruising and have been on several since with our family. We also spent an extra day in New Orleans, our only time there, and had a blast! Katrina hit the following year, and we haven't been back.

Archived