Need Help: One Person May Cancel and We Have Two Rooms

Looking for help from all you experienced CCer's out there. It looks like we may have a dilema coming up for our B2B on the Serenade this June. We have two cabins booked. One is an E1 for myself, DW, and DD9. The other is an inside(across the hall) for DD15 and her friend15. The problem is that DD15's friend may have to cancel. Would it be possible to move DD9 to the inside cabin with her sister if the friend cancels? Would RCI let DW and I stay in the E1 and the girls have the inside. We have a great rate on the two cabins after a sizeable price drop and I would hate to have to give that up. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation in the past? If so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

For the FACTUAL answer... your best bet is to contact the cruiseline or TA you booked your cruise with.

I believe it can be done merely by having the friend be a "No Show", of course not knowing when your cruise is makes it hard to say how much $$$ they will be out if they cancel.

Looking for help from all you experienced CCer's out there. It looks like we may have a dilema coming up for our B2B on the Serenade this June. We have two cabins booked. One is an E1 for myself, DW, and DD9. The other is an inside(across the hall) for DD15 and her friend15. The problem is that DD15's friend may have to cancel. Would it be possible to move DD9 to the inside cabin with her sister if the friend cancels? Would RCI let DW and I stay in the E1 and the girls have the inside. We have a great rate on the two cabins after a sizeable price drop and I would hate to have to give that up. Has anyone dealt with this type of situation in the past? If so, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

I believe you have to book one parent with one child because the children are minors. Once on board, go to guest relations and have key cards made so that you and your wife can stay in the "adult" room and the kids can stay in the other cabin. It is done all the time. You may lose the friend's deposit, however.

I believe you have to book one parent with one child because the children are minors. Once on board, go to guest relations and have key cards made so that you and your wife can stay in the "adult" room and the kids can stay in the other cabin. It is done all the time. You may lose the friend's deposit, however.

No thats not true.... the way they are booked is just fine as is... two minor children being across the hall is OK on RCI.

As far as the room key issues....you are accurate there regarding getting them changed when onboard.

Archived